Turkey Help Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I'm roasting my first turkey breast tomorrow...and I'm clueless on what to do.

I have a butterball bone-in breast...with 5% retained water. Nothing else is on the package about added ingredients.

I bought "Poulty Mix" fresh herbs (Mariposa Farms) that has rosemary, thyme and sage.

Help...please! We want "traditional". THANK YOU.

Hope its thawed, if not go to Butterball.com - I am going to rinse it off, pat it dry and try and put a butter sage mix- you could use your mix w/butter under the skin, butter or oil the bird with you hands or spray with Pam. I am going to roast mine in a 2in high roasting pan at 325' F, on rack and check the temp. after an hour- they say 1 1/2 hrs. but I want to check when it gets to 170' with my instant read thermometer. Then I will take it out, put a tent of foil on it and let it rest 10-15 mins. Good luck Hon.

Hi Angie,
I just did a turkey breast last week..I rubbed it with evoo, then rubbed in a mix of Bell's poultry seasoning, a little onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper put foil loosely over it and roasted it, took the tent off the last 30 minutes...basted several times with melted butter..it turned out wonderful...
good luck and happy turkey day.If you have some fresh herbs, I'd make a little bouquet of them and set the breast on them as it cooks.
kadesma:)

I believe 5% retained water means it is already brined. For turkey breasts I like to go high heat (450-500 degrees) until done (about an hour or so). Make sure to let it rest after it comes out of the oven before you slice it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom