Christmas Silliness!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Okay, nothing serious here--just silliness! Silly stories about your own Christmases, Christmas jokes and riddles, whatever.

When my sister and I were growing up we tended to argue quite a bit. One morning that we kind of planned it though was Christmas! LOL Our family was never one of those that got up really early on Christmas. We all generally all got up between 9:00 and 10:00, and no one was to wake anyone up--it was one of the very few days my dad didn't have to get up early for work, so I guess you could say that was one of his presents. My sister and I would sometimes get a little antsy and would want our mom and dad to get up, so sometimes we would engage in a little verbal sparring--just loud enough to ensure that they would wake up. Either that or a nice loud cough outside their room! LOL

I know I have some other stories to share, but I can't think of them now, but I guess I still have a month to remember more!

:)Barbara

That's funny.
I can't really remember anything out of the ordinary. I was the only child for most of my childhood though. My sisters are all older and were out of the house by the time I was 10.
If I think of anything, I will definately get back here.

I know that my husband and his 2 older brothers were always fighting, they have scars to show it too. One year, they got into a fight while their parents were out and knocked down the christmas tree and tore up presents and all. The parents walked in!!
Long story short, tree and gifts went into the trash can outside. No christmas that year at all!!

I can remember bringing home a Christmas tree that we pioneers cut down ourselves. We were so proud. We trimmed it and hung it with ornaments and lights sang carols around it--the whole Oh, Tannenbaum experience. The next day I noticed that Oh, Tannenbaum was "moving". Upon closer inspection I noticed that OT was literally crawling with mizillions of stinkbugs--they were everywhere!!!!!!!!!! I guess the warmth of the living room brought them out of their winter nap. Talk about grossssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Out to the back porch it went, off went the ornaments and lights, and out came the water sprayer. I think that Raid might have factored in as well--don't remember as I've blocked out that "Stephen King" Christmas tree.

"crawling with mizillions of stinkbugs "

I just can't even imagine that!!!!

When I got my first summer job, Isaved all my money to buy everyone really nice gifts. I wrapped them, tagged them "To Mom, Love Loprraine" etc. When we were opening our gifts, eveyone was saying , "Thank you, Loprraine and Richard". Richard??? He's the next older to me, but where was that coming from? I checked the tags. He had gone around after me and added his name to all my gifts. He tried to pawn himself off a poor starving university student. :LOL:

There was also the year my Mother stopped putting name tags on the gifts, because some of us had a tendency to open and re-wrap them. :angel: so, she hands me a gift and it's a beautiful watch. I didn't own one. I was thrilled. Only to have her take it out of my hand and say, "oops, sorry Loprraine, that's your sister's gift". I got the hand knit mittens. :ohmy::)

I think that Raid might have factored in as well--don't remember as I've blocked out that "Stephen King" Christmas tree.
Some people have "Charlie Brown" Christmas trees, but you just had to be different and have a "Stephen King" tree! *shudder!*

Chrsitmas before last we slept in the drawing room...full house...with an open fire and the Christams tree twinkling away..it was lovely, almost magical and like being kids, only now DH wants a tree in the room EVERY year.....he's ben dropping hints big style since last March about it this year....I swear my husbnd is the biggest little boy in the world, lol.

I remember one year (I think 7th grade) my mom told me about her older sister who'd peek at the gifts before Christmas. The thought had never occurred to me, so I just had to do it. Imagine my horror when the ONE present I peeked at was my first training bra!:ohmy: (and what kind of mother wraps something like that up???)

When I was younger and lived in NJ, we had 2 cats. One year I remember sitting in the living room, tearing up all my presents and having a good time. Just as we were done and cleaning up, Sam, one of the cats, walked past me. As I glanced at him I noticed something odd on his backside. I pointed this out to my mom who just just started laughing, then my dad noticed and he started laughing. Then I realized what it was... tinsel. About 4 inches of it :ohmy: Seems Sam thought the tinsel looked tasty and decided to try a strand. He was lucky it didn't get tangled up in his stomach or intestines. Needless to say we went to garland that next year lol.

The Christmas my oldest son was 4, he got up around 3:30 am, dressed, woke his 18 month old brother, got him out of the crib and dressed, and came in and woke us up.

The rule the next year was no getting up while it was still dark.

I remember one year (I think 7th grade) my mom told me about her older sister who'd peek at the gifts before Christmas. The thought had never occurred to me, so I just had to do it. Imagine my horror when the ONE present I peeked at was my first training bra!:ohmy: (and what kind of mother wraps something like that up???)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I now need that monitor cleaner I posted!

Picture this: My daughter's first chorus concert (2nd grade) little brother (2 yrs). They had just finished one song, clapping has stopped, teacher has introed the next, turns to start...Donny belts out " Woudoff da wednose waindeew".

Some where out there, a mother and father are looking at their video and laughing out loud!!!

Picture this: My daughter's first chorus concert (2nd grade) little brother (2 yrs). They had just finished one song, clapping has stopped, teacher has introed the next, turns to start...Donny belts out " Woudoff da wednose waindeew".

Some where out there, a mother and father are looking at their video and laughing out loud!!!
That mother and father should shop laughing long enough to send it to America's Funniest Home Videos! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom