Santa causes fat kids, and disrespect for women?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael in FtW

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Santa Claus ... that jolly old elf with a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly when he laughs and says "Ho Ho Ho" is in more trouble from the PC police!

Australia wants to change his "Ho Ho Ho" to "ha ha ha" to keep from offending women ... hey - Santa was jolly and Ho-Hoing before rap stars started degrading women and calling them Ho's. Go after the rap videos and leave Santa alone!

And, in the US - Santa is making our kids fat because he is fat? Give me a break - kids only think about Santa starting with the Christmas toy catalogs or the Thanksgiving Day parades where he is the highlight and last float in the parade. OK - to be honest, I pulled the Santa card in the summer when needed ....

I'm just glad that I am a "baby boomer" child - born at the end of WWII - when the world was still sane and we were allowed to celebrate and enjoy holidays without some litigious hungry person trying to steal the "magic" of the season.

I still believe in Santa Claus, I still believe that reindeer can fly, and that when I smell a Christmas tree I can close my eyes and be transposted back to any "Christmas Past" that I want to visit, and if I hear a bell ring an angel is getting their wings.

Amen Michael, Amen!! Every one leave Christmas the way it is supposed to be!! A day filled with Love, Glory, wonder, awe, Joy, laughter, and the innocence of all.

Another Amen Michael.

Am close to being the first baby boomer - there are a bunch of us.

We were brought up in a simpler time.

A skinny Santa saying Ha instead of Ho just would not do it for me.

Christmas is a time for the best of us to come out. I fear political correctness is trying to take that magic from the children who are replacing us.

But the PC police will never take the magic from me.

This year I will leave a wee dram of Scotch for Santa, don't think it will be there when I awake.

Merry Christmas.

too right!

why don`t they just ban this rape "music" instead and leave good ol` Santa alone!

and yes, I also Know Santa exists and that Once a year raindeer CAN fly!

I guess the next target for saying "Ho, ho, ho" will be the Jolly Green Giant--- kids should therefore be protected from eating vegetables as they will turn green and become giants.

My word! I'm with you all of you---I wouldn't trade my safe innocent baby-boomer childhood memories for anything.

Born in 55, I'm a bit late to be a true "boomer". But I'm on hte fringe. And like all of you, Sant will always say ho-ho-ho. And when I watch a good movie from the forties or fifties, I will know that gay really meant joyous, and that children could enjoy magic, in spite of the world. Reindeer fly on Christmas Eve. And somehow, Santa can get into any house, chimney or not, and I don't have to worry that he's up to mischief, but rather, he is the perfect idea of one who cares more for everyone else than himself. He is welcome in my house any time. But I'll be leaving him hot cocoa and a hot English muffin with strawberry freezer-jam.

As for people turning perfectly good words into domething disrespectfull, it saddens me that the majority are forced to live by the standards of the few. I've always disained the PC. By my way of thinking, if all people were brought up to treat each other with respect, then there would be no need for the PC police.

Santa, you and Rudolph get that sleigh in good repair, and the gift bags full. I'll be expecting you at my house.

And Australia PC police, shame on you for caving in to a few troublemaking individuals and trying to change what has been an icon for generosity and goodwill for lifetimes.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Santa doesn't just cause fat kids - I was a skinny kid, a skinny young adult - not so much anymore and I would definitely say it's probably his fault :glare:

I'm only offended by the thinking process of this new-found bull.

I still believe in the magic, once I settle into the season.

to be honest, I wouldn`t blame Santa one little bit if he left them a lump of coal each!

I recon there`s a Special place in Not-Heaven for them to spend that lump of coal in too :devilish:

Sorry, but you are all wrong. It is nobody's fault, but Santa that I have this pot belly growing. I blame him 100%.

I guess the next target for saying "Ho, ho, ho" will be the Jolly Green Giant--- kids should therefore be protected from eating vegetables as they will turn green and become giants.

watch out or the PC police will get you for not referring to him as the "Vertically Pleasing Sage Man".

Guys, I'm with you all - even though I was born later, in '66, I still believe in the magic.

Is that a bell ringing?
1304085-tn_christmas-003-12232006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom