ISO TNT chicken and biscuits recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a picture of mine. I used the Flakey Layers biscuits on this one, and we really liked it.

Thank goodness for cooking spray...it makes clean-up a lot easier!

Attachments

• Chicken Biscuit Pie.jpg
    Chicken Biscuit Pie.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 262
Thanks UB.
I didn't put a lot of veggies in it. Some carrots which you can see, and about the same amount of onions, celery, plus 1-1/2 shredded large potatos that blend in. The potatos were Rachel Ray's idea. If I do that again it would be 1/2 that amount just for the texture. Not the sharpest pic cuz I took it with "Bubba's" phone :LOL:
Besides, I didn't want it to look like the chicken had only walked through it :ROFLMAO:
That's about what it look like up here, though. Some restaurants add peas, some don't. Your mileage may vary.....

It's getting to where I may have to take an early lunch!

Pacanis said:
Not the sharpest pic cuz I took it with "Bubba's" phone :LOL:
Besides, I didn't want it to look like the chicken had only walked through it :ROFLMAO:
That's about what it look like up here, though. Some restaurants add peas, some don't. Your mileage may vary.....

:LOL: Yep, that wireless technology is something!

I love Green/English peas on a stand alone basis. But in pot pie, I usually go easy with them. They seem to have a tendency to over power things for my taste anyway.

Ok, I think I am good to go! Saturday will be Chicken and biscuits, Northern Style! I'm lookig forward to it!

I love Green/English peas on a stand alone basis. But in pot pie, I usually go easy with them. They seem to have a tendency to over power things for my taste anyway.

Ok, I think I am good to go! Saturday will be Chicken and biscuits, Northern Style! I'm lookig forward to it!

That's exactly my feelings towards peas. I must always overdo it because that's all I end up tasting. Simpler for me just to leave them out :)

I'm looking foward to a pic of Uncle Bob's "Yankee" chicken & biscuits

As pacanis said Restaurants usually put carrots and peas. I know people who add corn too. I make mine with just gravy and chicken over biscuits because my family does not care for veggies in it. Add what you like the concept is still the same. If I get it made tomarrow, I'll post a picture of it.

Is it just me or is it funny to anyone else that such a simple dish can be so foreign to someone in the same country? What a great place we live in!
Uncle Bob I am SO enjoying watching you learn "Northern Food" as I watch the 6 inches of snow pile up. Warms me little heart.

Is it just me or is it funny to anyone else that such a simple dish can be so foreign to someone in the same country? What a great place we live in!
Uncle Bob I am SO enjoying watching you learn "Northern Food" as I watch the 6 inches of snow pile up. Warms me little heart.

:LOL: I wouldn't say it was totally foreign Miss Suzi..just a variation on a theme that I was not familiar with. Gravy of any kind/variation on a biscuit is not foreign to a Southener;)This dish would also be excellent on Cornbread. (I know this) I may have a serving of both!! :pig:

I'm happy to know, that my "education" is warming your heart on this cold winter's day.... Better me than a huge slice of fruitcake:ermm:

:LOL:

Stay Warm & Enjoy!

Nuthin wrong with fruitcake....
Oh forget the cake, by the end of a day with my kids ya may as well just soak ME in bourbon.

Uncle Bob-- Here is a picture of my chicken & Biscuits. Like I said mine is plain and simple,chicken gravy and biscuits.Simply delicious though!!!!:)

Attachments

• C & B 2.jpg
    C & B 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 181
Wow! Thanks Miss Mikki... That looks delicious, and exactly like I had imagined how the dish to look. In my mind, it's just a chicken pot pie with little or no vegetables served over biscuits. No way that's not yummy! :chef:

Thanks for posting the picture....It's worth a thousand words!!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the compliment and oh boy did we enjoyed it alright I feel like I'm going to burst, I always over eat when I make chic-n-bisc. Made my daughter fell better too, she sprained her ankle on Sat and still can't put much pressure on it and is upset she can't play basketball. There is nothing like comfort food.

Never made cornbread before. Wouldn't even know where to start. I just learned how to make bananna and zuccinni bread though so there might be hope for me yet.:wacko:

Uncle Bob-- Here is a picture of my chicken & Biscuits. Like I said mine is plain and simple,chicken gravy and biscuits.Simply delicious though!!!!:)

Hope you didn't mind me looking, too ;)
That's the way it's supposed to be, simple. The chicken. The biscuits. The gravy. Maybe some veggies. That's the difference between chicken and biscuits and pot pie filling, IMO. But they're similar.

Never made cornbread before. Wouldn't even know where to start. I just learned how to make bananna and zuccinni bread though so there might be hope for me yet.:wacko:
Mikki, believe me if I tell you this one thing.
If you need direction in making corn bread you have come to the right person in accepting Uncle Bob's help. His is fabbo!:clap: thumbs up for sure!:blink:
Miss Mikki...and others...

Do you make a traditional chicken pot pie type gravy, light in color, or is it a darker brown gravy...I know I will love it. A "southerner" will eat anything on top of a biscuit! Or cornbread!:LOL:
I like the gravy inside to be:
1. plentiful
2. whiter in color, so creamy, adding milk and 1/2+1/2
3. made with chicken broth and the ^^^ that's been cooking on the stove all day
4. not too many spices or seasonings cause I want it to taste like just chicken gravy
5. all else goes into the filling, but for the gravy, it's pretty straight foreward

LEFSElover said:
Mikki, believe me if I tell you this one thing.
If you need direction in making corn bread you have come to the right person in accepting Uncle Bob's help. His is fabbo!:clap: thumbs up for sure!:blink:

(((((((((((Lefselover))))))))))) (The check is in the mail):ermm:

pacanis said:
Hope you didn't mind me looking, too ;)

Look all ya want! Just don't touch! If ya do...You in a heap of trouble boy!!
Thems my Chic N Biscuit!!:LOL:

Looks like my grandmother's chicken-n-dumplins - sans the dumplins. All she did was boil a chicken, then skin and bone the meat, shred or dice the meat, add back to the pot - add the dumplings and if it wasn't thick enough when the dumplins were done she add a little blond roux (real butter and flour cooked over very low heat for 4-5 minutes) ... and lots of black pepper. If too thick after adding the roux - she thinned it out with whole milk.

So - deconstructing her recipe to make this ... she had basically chicken, stock and a roux - the thickness adjusted with whole milk. I guess that further reduces to simply boiled chicken and gravy? :wacko:

How could that not be good, with or without vegetables, cerved up over a big old hot split buttermilk biscuit - or some cornbread (made without sugar).

Humm ... it's supposed to be cold here this weekend ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom