Dinner, Wed. Dec. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I am making braised short ribs with sauteed onion/ portobella gravy over rice, salad and french bread.

Last edited:
Greek tonight!

Lamb meatballs and all the fixings to go with.
ooooooooooooh, ah, and, oh, um, stuff grapeleaves too please please please;)

There's no way I can top last nights dinner so I'm not even gonna to try.

It'll be tenderized beef patties [as normally used for Chix fried steak] that I have in the freezer. I bought a box of button white shrooms yesterday that I'll use along with this recipezaar for cubed steak
Mom will be here and I want something she can't get at her Assisted Living residence. She loves salad so I'll do a special one for her. Her mother was head pastry chef at a prominent Universary and she often speaks of missing her parents cooking so cloud biscuits I'll serve too. Hope lots of gravy is made by the meat baking.
Dessert will be the Gingerbread cake from last night along with the sauce. It was sinful:-p

Last edited:
Hi Lyndalou,
Tonight we'll be having... the lamb with Greek salad, rice with berries ( Persain dish)
Feta, olives, French bread, greenbeans with tomatoes ( Greek side dish)
Salmon dip ( lol...recipe from Greek MIL but...not a Greek dish at all) and roasted Potatoes. It sounds like a lot but...company is coming and one person has health issues so, I want there to be LOTS of choices for him.

Great Greek Meatballs!!

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger or ground lamb
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs ( I use garlic flavored ones)
1/2 cup fresh parsely torn in to small pieces.
1 small onion, greated or chopped into very small pieces
1 tsp salt or more to taste
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
mix all ingredients together

shape in to balls

roll in flour

fry in good olive oil!!

eat

enjoy

ask for more

Hi Lyndalou,
Tonight we'll be having... the lamb with Greek salad, rice with berries ( Persain dish)
Feta, olives, French bread, greenbeans with tomatoes ( Greek side dish)
Salmon dip ( lol...recipe from Greek MIL but...not a Greek dish at all) and roasted Potatoes. It sounds like a lot but...company is coming and one person has health issues so, I want there to be LOTS of choices for him.

Great Greek Meatballs!!

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger or ground lamb
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs ( I use garlic flavored ones)
1/2 cup fresh parsely torn in to small pieces.
1 small onion, greated or chopped into very small pieces
1 tsp salt or more to taste
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
mix all ingredients together
shape in to balls
roll in flour
fry in good olive oil!!
eat
enjoy
ask for more

Sounds good. My recipe for Greek meatballs includes cinnamon, which gives it a warm, exotic flavor. Also, I bake them rather than fry - much less labor-intensive :)

I have some fresh ravioli in the fridge, so will serve that with Newman's Own spaghetti sauce with pesto added, a green salad, and garlic bread.

I'm doing chicken and biscuits or chicken noodle casserole, whichever daughter wants tonight.

I'm trying a recipe I found online even though it's probably a heart attack on a plate--chicken breasts stuffed with sausage, then wrapped in bacon. Usually I figure out side dishes once I start cooking, so I haven't really thought much about it yet (but I have a few hours).

I have a ham steak marinating in some pinapple juice, brown sugar, and a healthy splash of rum. I'll grill that and serve it with homemade mac and cheese, and steamed broccoli tossed with browned butter and garlic.

Dh and kids love schnitzel, so tonight it's pork schnitzel, mashed garlic potatoes,roasted Brussels sprouts, green salad..The girls are in charge of the dessert tonight so heaven knows what it's apt to be:LOL: So now I'm off to get some darn lemons for all this that I forgot last night yeesh!

kadesma

Pasta and cheese sauce, I`m having chili beef in mine. my wife feels comfy with trying reasonable solids today :)

Wintry and cold today. A good day for soup, so we're having French Market Soup. Perfect for a day like today. I didn't have any chilies so I added a can of tomatoes with green chilies instead of a plain can of diced tomatoes. Yum. I also didn't have a ham hock but I did have a big chunk of salt pork. Sliced that up and browned it before adding to the soup ingredients. Tasted it earlier. Yep, it's a keeper in this form.

last night I took the remains of the sauce from the weekend's ossobuco and added ground beef and made a killer bolognese. Certainly had tomato in it, and carrot and fennel and wine and herbs etc, but was truly a meat sauce.

last night was take out japanese.

we had salads with ginger dressing, veggie gyoza, and sushi and sashimi combos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom