ISO cherry pie filling recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jet

Sous Chef
I have a recipe that calls for a 21oz can of cherry pie filling. Does anyone have a TNT recipe for cherry pie filling?

Nope, I buy mine at the store. BUT, if I were going to attempt it, I would just slowly simmer cherries with lots of sugar and water til they were nearly done and at the end at a cornstarch slurry til it was the thickness I required.

Nope, I buy mine at the store. BUT, if I were going to attempt it, I would just slowly simmer cherries with lots of sugar and water til they were nearly done and at the end at a cornstarch slurry til it was the thickness I required.

Is homemade just not worth the effort?

That is definitely how I feel, but I am the first one to admit I'm kinda lazy. LOL. Seriously though, the flavour of the tinned stuff is what folks around here want so I'm big on not, "If it aint broke...don't fix it". If I have to go to the grocery store to buy the cherries anyway, I'd just as soon buy the canned stuff.

I think if you are feeling energetic, go for it! Why not? Whats the worst that could happen? Be warned though, its going to be LOTS more expensive to do from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom