Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner, Tuesday Dec. 11 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-tuesday-dec-11-a-40912.html)

Barb L. 12-11-2007 07:44 AM

Dinner, Tuesday Dec. 11

Tonight will be a one pot meal - pork steak, sauerkraut, and potatoes with warm bread.

LEFSElover 12-11-2007 09:11 AM

Glad you started this Barb, just came on to check.

It'll be Italian sausages with peppers and onions and garlic on buttered noodles for the man, no toms as they really upset his stomach like last night,even though he loves them. For me, and I'll share with him too, it'll be a big bowl of steamed vegetables. So far, I have onions, carrots, brocci-flower, cauliflower, aparagus and green beans. I'll steam then add 1 small pat of butter and seasoning and that'll be my dinner. Warm sourdough with butter for him to sop up the juices from his dinner.

Katie H 12-11-2007 09:17 AM

We're having 3-cheese manicotti and a romaine salad. Definitely not the weather today for soups and stews. Supposed to be nearly 70 degrees here today. Way too warm for this time of the year.

suziquzie 12-11-2007 09:48 AM

BLT's while I wait for DH to come home and hook up the new oven!

redkitty 12-11-2007 11:06 AM

I'm making Potato Leek Soup for the boy and my weekly usual Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato for me! So, it's a soupy night in our house!

PA Baker 12-11-2007 11:15 AM

Speedy Baked Mexican Chicken (I can use all of the speedies I can get this week!:wacko:) and rice with green chilies, black beans and tomatoes. If dd's mouth is still bothering her, I'll probably just make her another batch of kads' "sick soup" (no offense, kads, that's just what Sofie calls it!).

abjcooking 12-11-2007 11:59 AM

Tom yam sour and spicy soup, red curry chicken and sticky rice.

buckytom 12-11-2007 12:26 PM

tonight is gonna be interesting. i have to start cooking for my dept's holiday party on thursday. i promised dw it wouldn't take away any of our family time, so i have to do this in pieces.
i'll be stopping at costco and a farmer's market on the way home, so i get to leave work early (yay!)

then, i'm making dijon and fennel crusted pork tenderloins with apples and onions for our dinner.

after the wee'un goes to sleep, i'll start cooking for the party. tonight, i'm making a lobster pot full of sausages and meatballs. gotta try to figure how many pounds of ground beef i'll need for 75 meatballs.

YT2095 12-11-2007 12:58 PM

I haven`t the Remotest idea yet, so far it`s a beer and fresh air *sigh*

Flourgirl 12-11-2007 01:13 PM

I'm going to bake some salmon fillets topped with a breadcrumb, melted butter, parsely and horseradish mixture. I'll serve with traditional rice pilaf and creamed spinach.

buckytom, sorry, but I wouldn't want to be you tonight, good luck this week!