Want to use turkey link sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SueBear

Senior Cook
I'm going to be making a jambalaya recipe with chicken and turkey link sausage instead of andouille sausage. What I'm not sure about is, it's calling for 1/2 lb of sausage. Should I cut back on amount or leave it as is?

If someone could help by answering the question it would be greatly appreciated.

You're Welcome Miss Sue! To tell you the truth If it were me I would add more sausage (of any type):pig: And don't you dare add diced ham to that recipe!!!!:ermm: :LOL:

Have Fun & Enjoy!!

You're Welcome Miss Sue! To tell you the truth If it were me I would add more sausage (of any type):pig: And don't you dare add diced ham to that recipe!!!!:ermm: :LOL: Have Fun & Enjoy!!

Really? I can add more to it? I didn't know that. WOW! That was actually going to be my next question. You must have been reading my mind. ;) The recipe is calling for 1/2 lb of the sausage and 1 lb of chicken breast. What I was going to do then was, brown the 1.25 lb of turkey sausage and then slice it up into portions. Then for the chicken breasts, I was going to brown up four breasts and chop them. I'm thinking that four should be enough for a lb as the breasts I have are rather thin but they're wide like butterfly cut.

Thanks for your help!

The amount/types of meat(s) in Jambalaya is strictly a personal choice. I usually do three meats..Ham/Tasso, Sausage/Andouille, and Chicken/Duck. Ham is a very popular one to start with.

Have Fun!!

You're Welcome Miss Sue! To tell you the truth If it were me I would add more sausage (of any type):pig: And don't you dare add diced ham to that recipe!!!!:ermm: :LOL:

Have Fun & Enjoy!!

You stole the words right out of my mouth.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom