Where to find U-bet syrup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdiprincess

Senior Cook
ok...so I have a friend from NYC coming up, but he's never heard of U-bet syrup... Where can he find it? Anyone know?...Can he go into a local grocery store and get it, or does he need to go to a specialty place? Thanks..

We figured we could order it online.. and he's about 40 mins. outside the city...but he's commutes everyday. And he goes to the city often...but alas...he doesn't know where to go for you U-bet. Thanks...I'll let him know to walk into a store and open his eyes...LOL

Thanks Bucky - auntdot is a Brooklynite. OK, now a displaced one. Used to go to Ebbets field to watch the only Dodgers that mattered, the bums. And took my bike and went to Sheepshead Bay and would go to some joint, yes, McGinnis and Ross, I believe it was, for grreat seafood. It was cheap but so good.

Lundy's was a place I would go with my parents. But I knew the joints and loved them.

Sorry it is the middle of the night and I am waxing to my childhood in Brooklyn.

But thanks for the info on Ubet.

For some reason I thought the company was out of business. I gotta order some.

Diet be darned.

Merry Christmas.

hey, never apologize dot! brooklyn is an incredible city unto itself. who needs stinkin' manhattan. kings county rules! people from brooklyn have a certain sense, rather grip on reality far greater than the average guy. i don't know why, but that's the way it is.

i was born in bay ridge, and baptised in olph; visited grandma in flatbush every year; took many fishing trips out of sheepshead bay; lots of drives out to rockaway, to visit summer relatives. i still have (my mom's norwegian side) relatives from park slope to, can you believe it, gentrifying red hook.
red hook! it's been the armpit of n.y. since they closed the wwii shipyards.

i went back recently for an uncle's funeral and was amazed at the ethnic diversity on each block. just up the avenue from his apartment was a strip of stores. a polish bakery, next to an asian market, next to a halal meat market, next to a scandinavian bar, next to a hispanic electronics reapir place.

i was amazed. the neighborhood was pretty nice. not what it looked like brooklyn would become back when we left, in the late 60's.

you should come back some time.

Oh bucky, you almost had me tearing.

Used to work in a Bohacks in Bay Ridge.

Have not been back for, oh gosh, over twenty years.

But you cannot take the place out of the heart of those who grew up there.

Merry Christmas.

oh and its neat to read the memories. My grandparents are always talking about all the flavors they used to have. They're originally from NYC. Once I get the U-bet, I'm going to surprise them with it and we'll make some. My grandpa makes mock ones with rootbeer and milk.. not the same...but it works..

Back
Top Bottom