Pork chop life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mk3_gurl

Assistant Cook
I bought prok chops, froze them then started thawing them in the fridge...a couple of days ago...are they bad now? :(

pork

with the exception of pork roast or tenderloin, i have big troubles with pork, chops or whatever. no matter what i do they are dry,.any ideas or suggestions would be welcome

babetoo

with the exception of pork roast or tenderloin, i have big troubles with pork, chops or whatever. no matter what i do they are dry,.any ideas or suggestions would be welcome

babetoo

Pork has been bred in recent years to be very low in fat (read low in juiciness) so dry pork chops are pretty normal.

To have juicy pork chops, I use 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick rib chops.

You need to cook them only until the center is 140 degrees, then tent and let rest for 5 minutes while the temp will rise to 145 degrees.

Most importantly, you need to cook over medium heat (not higher) and start with the chops in a cold pan. It helps to add about 1/8 tsp of sugar to the first side along with salt and pepper to help browning. They will only cook from 7-9 minutes on the first side and until 140 degrees in the center on the second.(probably only about 6 more minutes)

This will produce a juicy pork chop.

thanks

Pork has been bred in recent years to be very low in fat (read low in juiciness) so dry pork chops are pretty normal.

To have juicy pork chops, I use 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick rib chops.

You need to cook them only until the center is 140 degrees, then tent and let rest for 5 minutes while the temp will rise to 145 degrees.

Most importantly, you need to cook over medium heat (not higher) and start with the chops in a cold pan. It helps to add about 1/8 tsp of sugar to the first side along with salt and pepper to help browning. They will only cook from 7-9 minutes on the first side and until 140 degrees in the center on the second.(probably only about 6 more minutes)

This will produce a juicy pork chop.

i will certainly give this a try, thank you

babetoo

Back
Top Bottom