I cooked a whole lamb today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigrhino2

Assistant Cook
It was 40 lbs. It was cooked in a La Caja China. Total cooking time was 50mins. It was little over cooked but WOW is was great. I marinated it in oregano and EVOO w/ garlic and rosemary for 2 days.

I forgot my camera. Sorry, it was beautiful.
I think I might do one more for New Years,

WHOLE LAMB!!!! The la caja china is great. 50 mins and it was slightly overccoked. I did not bring my meat thermometer with me.

So far I have done about 20 pigs, ALL took under 4 hours. I have done 17 chickens four times took 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. I have done 8 butts in under 4 hours several times.

The LCC is great. I am glad I had acess to a walk in cooler to marinate the thing.

I did, and recognize it now from an A Bourdain travel show. Great if you are feeding the masses.

It was 40 lbs. It was cooked in a La Caja China. Total cooking time was 50mins. It was little over cooked but WOW is was great. I marinated it in oregano and EVOO w/ garlic and rosemary for 2 days.

I forgot my camera. Sorry, it was beautiful.
I think I might do one more for New Years,

must've been a baby lamb, to be done in 50 minutes. Yes, that is possible :chef:

La caja china is at La Caja China Box Pig Roasting Grills Whole Pig Roasting Grills Pig Cooker Grills Good pictures but always pages are under construction.

Bobby Flay was beaten on one of his battle by the owner of the company.

The Lamb weighed 40-45. And FYI all lambs are young or the taste gets realy narley.

If anyone wants a picture email me and I will send you a picture of a pig I did or should start a new thread on it?

I also want to say that 85lbs of WHOLE PIG is about all it can take. LCC site says 100lbs pig. I tryed a 87 lb pig once and I had to cut the head off to get it to fit in the box.

BTW it is made of plywood and you put charcoal on top of it to cook. Like a BIG oven with no smoke. Unless you buy that attachment.

Back
Top Bottom