Another niece update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Sorry, don't want to be obnoxious about it, but, I'm happy but sad at the same time
The lymph nodes show no signs of cancer:)but, the doctor took some tissue surrounding and it has cells in it. She will start Radiation and Chemo in January. For 8 weeks, radiation daily and chemo once a week.:(
She only has one more semester of school and this is going to make her so sick. Keep her in your prayers again, please.

I'm so sorry, texas. I was wondering about her the other day. Will she be able to attend school for the spring semester? Poor thing, she's got so much on her plate. Well, start looking for some cute, funky hats and wigs and we'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Also, please keep us updated on how she's doing.

I'm so sorry, texas. I was wondering about her the other day. Will she be able to attend school for the spring semester? Poor thing, she's got so much on her plate. Well, start looking for some cute, funky hats and wigs and we'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Also, please keep us updated on how she's doing.

I made a mistake, she has to finish this semester, which starts back up in January first. Yes, she has every intention of staying in school. At least she is in a hospital, Parkland, and if she gets dehydrated or really sick, she will be where they can help her, that's a good thing at least.
Doctor said that she shouldn't lose her hair, suppose to be small dosage, but, I don't believe that at all.

Texas,
even if she loses her hair, it will grow back..Besides, we want her not her hair..Prayers for her as long as she needs them and more.
kadesma

Everyday

texas, thank you for keeping us informed about your niece. Everyday I think of you and your family.

Thank you. I know the prayers will work this time as it always has.
Bilby, yes, my family is very close and we all live within 80 miles of each other, most of us are just within 30 miles. When something happens, we are all there, if possible.
My aunt and cousin are the only ones that don't live in Texas, they are in Spokane, but, they visit once a year.

I'm really glad you are all in close proximity, texasgirl. There's nothing like being literally surrounded by loved ones when you're sick. It may freak out the docs when they come in a room stuffed with family but even they know, those patients are the ones that defy the odds. We'll all keep her in our thoughts and prayers, too.

Actually, there are some newer chemo drugs that don't cause hair loss so I hope that's what she'll get. (It's scary to little ones when mom goes bald for a while.) But I think they all make you sick to some extent so she will probably have some tough days ahead. Please keep us posted and let her know she has a world of friends praying for her.

I'm really glad you are all in close proximity, texasgirl. There's nothing like being literally surrounded by loved ones when you're sick. It may freak out the docs when they come in a room stuffed with family but even they know, those patients are the ones that defy the odds. We'll all keep her in our thoughts and prayers, too.

Actually, there are some newer chemo drugs that don't cause hair loss so I hope that's what she'll get. (It's scary to little ones when mom goes bald for a while.) But I think they all make you sick to some extent so she will probably have some tough days ahead. Please keep us posted and let her know she has a world of friends praying for her.

You should have seen us in the hospital when she had her surgery, it was me, my 3 sisters, her dad, her husband, one of her brothers and the 3 ladies that had the yard sale for her:LOL: Good thing it was a big room!!

BTW, I know that the first yard sale and donations brought her $1,200. They rescheduled the yard sale due to pouring rain on the second day. Not sure how that one did.

You should have seen us in the hospital when she had her surgery, it was me, my 3 sisters, her dad, her husband, one of her brothers and the 3 ladies that had the yard sale for her:LOL: Good thing it was a big room!!
Keep it up, texas! It really makes a difference and your niece will recover so much faster because of ya'll. When Myles had his bar put in 2 years ago, his surgeons came into the room immediately post-op to find 10 of us in there with him. They didn't know us yet, and looked almost scared. But even the nurses got used to us when they found out we were all there to feed him, help him to the bathroom, make him do his breathing treatments and make sure he did everything they wanted him to do. We even changed his sheets when he threw up. And in the end, he was able to go home a full 5 days earlier than expected and approved by the insurance. Even his docs said his brothers seemed to be the best medicine. This time, they all remembered us and even made sure we could all be in the pre-op and post-op room. So ya'll just stay by her side no matter how big your group gets!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom