How to cook Stuffed Sole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yakuta

Head Chef
First what is Sole, I know it's a white fish but I am not sure about it's flavor. Can anyone give me some insight. I am a big Tilapia, Trout and Salmon fan so this is a new one for me.

Also the sole fillets I have are a gift from Omaha Steaks and they came stuffed with crab meat and scallops. I am not sure how to cook them.

Does anyone make stuffed fish fillets and if so what do you do with them. I am not sure if they are seasoned or not, I can't tell but I like my food well seasoned and not plain so if anyone has any ideas on a simple sauce that would go well on it I would be greatly appreciate.

According to Culinary Artistry, Sole tastes best with:

butter
cream
garlic
lemon
mushrooms
mustard(?)
onions
parsley
shallots
truffles
and especially white wine (in bold)

Cooking methods preferred are braise and broil. *shrugs* From that I'd say broil it in a compound butter sauce using garlic, lemon, shrooms, shallots and white wine. Add some tomatoes to the pan afterwards and deglaze/thicken the sauce in the pan. What would go good with it, though... lemon rice pilaf? (white rice with lemon butter and black pepper) Perhaps that and a generous portion of mixed steamed veggies.

Yakuta said:
Also the sole fillets I have are a gift from Omaha Steaks and they came stuffed with crab meat and scallops. I am not sure how to cook them.

If some instructions did not arrive with your gift, call Omaha Steaks up or check their website for some ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom