Rolled Oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie24

Senior Cook
Ok quick question, if a recipe calls for rolled oats is that the same as traditional quaker oats? If there is a difference how much of a difference will it be to my cookie if i use the traditional quaker oats instead of the rolled oats.

This is the recipe i'm using.

*Oatmeal Peanut Butter Scotchies

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter (not the sugar free kind)
4 1/2 cups rolled oats (can do all old fashioned or do half old fashioned and half instant depending on your texture preferences)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 whole eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 bag of butterscotch chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans.

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in oats, soda, butterscotch chips and nuts until combined. Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake 350 degrees for 12 minutes (brown on bottom and some browning on top). Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Makes 72 cookies.

Thanks.

Quaker Oats are rolled oats. Get the ones in the red and blue cylindrical cardboard containers. (they naw have whole grain oats too. that's different stuff)

And make sure its not the quick cooking oats also! The containers look similar.

well if it`s got Peanut butter in it, it`s gotta be Good :)

I`m not Too sure but isn`t there also something similar that uses Marshmallows too? or was that rice crispies?

This is a recipe that was entered in the Mrs. Fields 30th anniversary cookie contest and won. I think there were over 700 entries and this one won. Mrs. Fields makes this cookie now.

Back
Top Bottom