Good news for once!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My day was just made when I talked to an officer about the accident report. He said that they don't outright say who was at fault, but, he said in his opinion, after reading the report, the other driver was defnately at fault. Now, I can get the report tomorrow and let my insurance company take it. I have Allstate,so, I know they will win the fight with the other company, if he had insurance. If not, I do have uninsured/underinsured and it won't go on my collision. I am SO happy right now!! We also have rental, so, he won't be without a vehicle. But, he won't be driving anywhere but to work and back in it!!:LOL:

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Give your son a big hug from us!!! :)

Whew is right!! LOL
Yes, my son called from work and I told him all of it and he is very relieved. He is upset about the possibilty of the insurance totaling the car though. He really likes the car. I talked to the lady that sold him the car and if they do, she said for him to come up there to get another one. If the insurance doesn't give the amount owed, they can just tack it on to the new car. That is fine with me. It's a responsibility that he has to take.
Thanks for all the well wishes for him. I really appreciate them all!! Christmas is looking up!!

That's great news TG, I'm sure Allstate will go after the guy. When a kid ran into the side of my car with his bike, they went after the parents for the damages they had to pay out for my car. Now at least you can sit back and enjoy your Christmas.

Good News

You are receiving gifts already, texas. Maybe this is one of the BIG ones. Something that isn't wrapped. Having your son okay and no lasting problems is like a gift, only now he will be more aware of things that can happen. No matter how cautious you are, someone else isn't. Your son sounds like a responsible person just like you wants everything to be okay.

Hope you and your family will have merry Christmas. What a gift! Stay strong, texas. You'll make it.

The cop spoke too soon or didn't realize who he was talking to. The report shows ds at fault. Says he went out of his lane and hit the guy in the front drivers side. The thing is, ds still has he@@ no. He did not hit him there. He is willing to let this go to court to prove it. the report says that the truck had just pushed another vehicle out of the way when ds did this. How is it that, he is pushing a vehicle into that road, which crossed my sons line of traffic, and still be in his lane? This part is in the notes, but, not on the diagram. I am so angry right now. I'm tired of this place. I want to move and can't. I have faxed the report to my insurance with a note to call me about inconsistancies on it. I don't think it will matter though. We'll end up having to pay and the insurance will probably drop my son, if not all of us. Merry Christmas!

I'm so sorry this is continuing for you. Just when you thought it was over too! Before letting it go to court, check with an attorney. Some of them will listen to you and advise you without charge. We had a problem after an accident and we contacted a lawyer who didn't charge us for sending a threatening letter to the other party. That did the trick and we finally got payment. Check into your legal options.

That just sucks, texasgirl! (Pardon my french.) Try to stay calm and wait til your insurance company calls you. They may be willing to go to court with your son and fight this if they feel like it's worth it financially. Also, jabbur had a good suggestion about discussing it with an attorney. The first visit is usually free and they can tell you if it's worth trying to fight. Maybe there's a legal aid association there that would be willing to help your son. I know you're both so bummed right now but keep your chin up.

texas

You are on a roller coaster and we are on it with you. Can you talk to the policeman and ask why he changed his story? did you get his name? This just is awful. I surely would talk to attorney. I just can't believe how people can change their stories. I would confront this policeman for sure. Just can't accept other people's opinions.

We once had an accident that was hit and run. My ex remembered the license plate. The police had the guys in lock up or whatever and the policeman showed us a 'rap' sheet about the people involved. He advised us not to prosecute unless we were willing to take our chances of getting involved with them. They were accused of trying to murder someone, felony against a live in woman, stealing, robbing a store, etc. Just went on and on. We filed against our insurance company and accepted the consequences. One never knows when you have accident with someone else. If you aren't killed, the after affects are sure hard to go through. This is part of learning experience I guess. Don't give up texas. We are with you in this mess and will be keeping you in our thoughts. Just support your son. Not fair.

Definately contact a lawyer as others have said first consult is usually free. It would be worth a try at least. Sorry it's not over yet!!!

Back
Top Bottom