Hola Everyone...am in Panama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gera

Assistant Cook
Hi.........
Glad to be here, it seems to be great place.
I have been cooking for about 15 years and like the cooking of
Italy (my second country), China, Spain and my own inventions......
We are very lucky here for we have all kinds of seafood available fresh
every sunday at the market so I cook a lot of sea stuff...Panamanian
food is ok and we have some very palatable dishes. I have my own vegetable
garden so I usually have pretty fresh vegies around. I also like to experiment
in the "sauce world" and like to make hot sauses with some strange oriental
peppers and herbs.:LOL:

On Christmas we will have, Turkey (an American tradition that has been in many countries throught L.A as a standard), Pork well done in the oven with onions, garlik and Olive Oil, Cooked Ham, Tamales, Rice with some "local" beans, Egg Bread,.....my wife adds a delicios "Fruit Salad" very sweet and rich with wipped cream that goes very well with the "salty" sorroundings. Much "Spumante Wine" from Italy and many will have "cold beer" also......finally some Coffee with all kind of candies. Last but not least some home made Eggnog, which is almost a national Christmas Drink........

Merry Christmas to All......................Feliz Navidad.................:chef:

Welcome to DC gera...Sounds like you have A Christmas Feast planned!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Thank you, you know I did all my grammar schooll in Bay St Louis Miss, way back in 1954-58......I understand it really got hit by Katrina, do you know if St. Stanislaus School is still there?.......The only Hotel there served the best "Gumbo" around the Gulf Coast!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome, Gera! One of the things I cherish about this site is that people come here and share their cooking info from all over the world. I have a good friend who retired in Panama - she has been in Panama City for a little more than a year, and she is very happy there. Your Christmas feast sounds delicious. Feliz Navidad!

Back
Top Bottom