Concerned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, so last Friday I brought baskets of home baked goodies to everyone. It had two different bread loaves, two kinds of fudge, and three kinds of cookies. Everyone loved them, or so they said, and I said Merry Christmas with every presentation. If you received such a basket with such a greeting, would you know that's your Christmas gift? I normally wouldn't be so "ugh" but it's been the worst Tuesday in forever. Am I okay "assuming" my people at work "get" that that was their holiday gift from me this year?

They were all very grateful, so I think they know, but I'm so stressed about it.

I'm absolutely sure they all knew it was your holiday gifts for them. And I agree with pdswife - that's a fantastic gift! I'd be blown away to receive such a big basket of home made goodies and grateful for the whole year. Now relax and feel great about the lovely gifts you made and gave - you're a gem.

Your gift was thoughtful and wonderful because you took the time to do it for them..Anyone expecting more is foolish and greedy..Don't worry, just be proud of your handiwork.
kadesma;)

Yes, sure they will know that the baskets were their gifts. And very generous gifts, too!

Lee

Oh wow - so very few people would go to the work to make such a wonderful gift. So many women in my age group burned their cookbooks along with their bras back in the 70s and then raised children who also did not know how to cook. Of course they recognized these lovely offerings as their Christmas gifts, and I'm sure they counted themselves very very lucky to have you as a friend....don't worry.

Awesome gift!

I am sure they know it is, most people dont give gifts to coworkers!

Look, if it is coworkers - then of course they will be happy with a basket of goodies!! And those that don't well, let's not worry about them.

If they are employees, well some might expect more but even then, I still say don't worry about them cos they will be looking for a Christmas bonus anyway, or something very expensive - and unless your surname happens to be Gates or similar, they would be expecting a bit much in my opinion anyway. I have had little home made sweets from employers in my time - just a handful, not some huge box - and that has been fine by me. They have acknowledged that I'm here working for them. That's all I hope for and that is what most of us want I think as an employee.

Either scenario I think you have provided a nice gift.

My gosh, what a lovely gift. Of course they realize it is their Christmas gift.

This can be a tense time of year - so many expectations. It should not be so - and this year we are just doing what we want. If someone expects anymore from us, that is their problem.

Enjoy the wonderfulness of the season, peace and love is what it is all about.

You did great.

God bless and Merry Christmas.

What a wonderul gift!! Don't worry so. Everyone is enjoying the goodies, thinking what a great baker you are and gaining a new respect for you as you read this ( and a few inches around the waist if they don't share!). Stress not - you did good. ;) Dawn T

Callisto in NC what a really lovely and thoughtful idesa. I'm sure they were touched by your kindness and generosity, not to mention the originality of your gift.
I hope you have a really lovely Christmas.

:)Its a wonderful gift I for one would appreciate homemade treats and the time it took for you to make them.Anyone who cant appreciate that deserves nothing at all.

I don't think they should EXPECT anything. I think they should be very grateful that you thought enough of them to do something so kind as to bake these things just for them!! I think you did great and I wish I were one of them.

You guys are so nice. I just get so worried since they give me such nice stuff. I know they know I don't have a lot and they were all really grateful. I was just worried they might not realize it was their gift this year.

You with out a doubt are a very thoughtful person and every one should be thankful of your splendid gift's. I would be honored to receive a gift such as yours
My G D bless you in the coming year peace and love to you and yours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom