Shopping for groceries on line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i don't know if anyone has acess or not. the von's store where i live, delievers groceries to my house

you must spend at least fifty dollars , to qualify. the fee is 9.95 .

i plan my meals roughly in my head. i shop for a month. might to have to buy milk and bread during the month. but that is it.

my order is always high, round 300.00 so my fee is reduced to 4.99. you get savings on the store card but can't use coupons.

i don't drive so was spending ten dollars on cabs. then having to wait for cab precluded ice cream etc. then dragging in house.

the market brings to my house and into my kitchen. we are not allowed to tip.

have been doing this for about a year. i love it, love it, love it.

sorta buy basics ie chicken parts, family pks of steak, chops fish etch and freeze in meal size portions.

if having guests during the month , i plan a menu and buy all the stuff.

if it is in your area, check it out.

babe

I've heard of people buying groceries on line but haven't tried it yet. It might help curb impulse shopping if I just turned over a list to the store and said send it over. I tend to always buy more than my list because, "dang those roasts look good today" or "hey, my favorite cookies are buy one get one free!" when I had no intention of buying either of those things!

When I still lived in the US, I used to use Homegrocer.com, which went out of business just before I left. But it was wonderful, especially when I had big orders with large bags of pet food, turkey, watermelon, etc. No schlepping things out to the car, into the house, etc. And I figured that by avoiding impulse buying, I was more than paying for the delivery fee. Also forces you to plan your menus more carefully and use everything more efficiently. Great idea - I loved it.

The only problem I found over here was if something was out of stock, they would sub it something totally different, and often it would be something key.

Back
Top Bottom