Light or heavy whipping cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)Definitely the heavy cream its the high fat content that holds it together.Powdered sugat also helps it hold together.Put your mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for a few minutes before making your whipped cream.Dont be afraid to mix it well until its really firm it will hold longer up to 3 days if you do it right.Adding a few drops of vanilla is really good.I like mine only slightly sweet so you really get that cream flavor.

:)Just looked at recipe sounds looks like a lot of Amaretto for such a small amount of cream also I would at least double the recipe if you like whipped cream.

Use heavy whipping cream. You can use a table spoon or two of regular sugar as well with the same results. If you have an ice bin in the freezer, put the mixing bowl in that while you whisk. Takes 2 minutes. Definately a couple drips of vanilla.

Just looked at recipe sounds looks like a lot of Amaretto for such a small amount of cream also I would at least double the recipe if you like whipped cream.

I was wondering about that. Do you think that I should just omit the amaretto? I like the taste of it but generally speaking I do not like desserts that have a boozy taste to them. Would the amaretto be overwhelming in that quantity do you think?

Crankin, you should be able to find "whipping cream" in the dairy section of your market. If it's not labeled as such, just get heavy cream. You need the butterfat to allow it to whip up. The amount of amaretto is just about right and I don't think it will be "boozy." It should impart a nice almond-like flavor.

When following the instructions for making the whipped cream topping, be careful that you don't overwhip the cream. It doesn't take any time for the cream to turn to butter if you whip it too much. Just take it easy.

Enjoy your nice dessert.

I was wondering about that. Do you think that I should just omit the amaretto? I like the taste of it but generally speaking I do not like desserts that have a boozy taste to them. Would the amaretto be overwhelming in that quantity do you think?
:)You could start with just a teaspoon and go from there or if you want a few drops of almond extract instead.Im also thinking that much Amarreto would keep your whipped cream from getting firm enough.Its such a small recipe you could try a tester first to see what you think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom