Pork chop lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooooooooooooo! Michael, great idea! Corazon, if you have some chicken broth you can toss in the diced up pork chop with some peapods and green onions. I toss my leftover potstickers in too. YUM.

Maybe cut into julienne type strips, marinate in a teriyaki sauce for a tad, saute and add to peanut butter noodles.

Corazon, I'd just dice the chop add some veggies and make a pot pie out of it...Add a salad and dessert, bingo...
kadesma;)

OOPS, sorry, was writing my post when you posted. How about julienning (is that a word?) or cutting into chunks and making a sort of picadillo with pork instead of ground beef. Serve over rice topped with a fried egg.

A taco, fajita thing would work just fine.

Or burritos.

Or black beans and rice with the pork, I would julienne it, and sprinkle the top with raw onions. Some hot sauce on top.

Or how about eggs? A Denver or Western omelet with the pork instead of the ham would work. Cover with a tomato sauce, sounds good to me.

Or make scrambled eggs with mushrooms, spinach, some crumbled bacon and the pork.

Good luck.

Cube the chop, add sauteed onions, cheese, canned chiles and make quesadillas. Serve with rice and/or refried beans and/or a tossed salad.

Corazon, aren't you from New Mexico? Does dh not like Mexican food? That cuisine is SO versatile!

Lee

Cube the chop, add sauteed onions, cheese, canned chiles and make quesadillas. Serve with rice and/or refried beans and/or a tossed salad.

Corazon, aren't you from New Mexico? Does dh not like Mexican food? That cuisine is SO versatile!

Lee
Yep, we are both from NM. That's why I'm thinking along the line of tacos.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

When I have leftovers or a small amount of chicken, beef or pork, I make a noodle bowl. Stir fry or steam your veggies (broc, carrots, asparagus - whatever you have on hand). Marinate the chop in soy or teriyaki sauce, slice thinly & stor fry. Add a little corrnstarch to thicken the sauce. Add to noodles of choice - angel hair or spaghetti will work in a pinch. Here's a pic just to get an idea.

Asian Chicken Noodle Bowl With Oriental Salad

Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowl

Last edited:
We don't know exactly wht you have in the kitchen...but I'm going to assume the basics. I'm thinking German rather than Asian since someone in your family doesn't like Asian foods.

Grate 2 new potatoes and mince 1/4 of an onion. Combine in a bowl and season. Add a little whole butter to a hot pan as well as a few drops of olive oil. Make 2 thin Rosti Potatoes (pancake is size and thickness). Set aside.

If you have some white cabbage, julienne some and saute it off in butter with some julienne of white onion until soft. Season.

Julienne pork and sear until browned well in a hot pan. Add minced onion and minced garlic. Sweat off until soft. Slice mushrooms and add into pan. Brown well. At this point, add just a smidge of flour and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring. if you have some wine, add it in and deglaze. White...red...who cares, just add it. Reduce it and add a little water. Simmer that out for a little bit until a nice, smooth sauce is formed. Finish it off with a touch of whole butter, salt and pepper. Fresh rosemary if you have it would be great.

On two plates, place one Rosti Potato and some cabbage. Spoon the pork in mushroom gravy equally over the potatoes.

You are done!

This is a hearty, winter lunch that will stick with you for a little while. If you want to flesh it out a bit, throw in some frozen peas as you heat your sauce, pork and mushrooms.

wow, marko! very nice. that sounds delicious.

i love hearty german food. keep 'em coming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom