Ravioli salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I have this chicken sausage/sun dried tomato ravioli. I was thinking of tossing it with some pesto and making a green salad of it. Ravioli would be cold on the salad. I'm looking for some ideas on what else to put in there. I like a lot of veggies and cheeses in my salads. So far I have ravioli, browned pine nuts and parm reg to go in. I'm just thinking that the veggies I usually put in a salad probably wouldn't go well with this.

Thanks! I'm all over the boards today. :LOL:

you certainly are cora. i'm happy to "see" so much of you today.

i would add some fresh tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and onions.

How abouit adding artichoke hearts, the jarred red peppers, olives (whichever types you like), some chunks of cheese and maybe dried tomatoes and serve on a nice bed of greens. Would probably add some anchovies and maybe some diced raisins.

Just thinking about it. Lots of luck.

Pasta Salad

This is a variation of a dish I ate at Johnny’s Vet’s Club many years ago and old key club turned legit that enjoyed many years of good business and served the best steaks in town.
It was put out of business by the flood of 93 and was never rebuilt

The Recipe

Cook as much spaghetti as you want for the servings you want. I normally use thick spaghetti after cooked rinse very well. Then add chopped green olives chopped black olives, as small jar of chopped pimentos. Then take a whole bulb of fresh garlic separate and peel all of the cloves, mince in salt (preferably Kosher) but any will do toss the whole works into the bowl of spaghetti. Then chop a bunch of green onions top to bottom.
Then add enough olive oil to moisten and white vinegar to taste then add fresh ground black pepper to taste a sprinkle of dried red pepper flakes, some Greek leaf oregano
And some fresh ground Fennel seed (do not omit) then I add some fine diced green pepper
Some sliced pepperoni, a minced jalapeno pepper (optional) adds some pepperoni, Italian salami diced. Last some good quality grated parmesan cheese. Toss very well make sure product is well distributed. Cover and let stand in refrigerator over night for flavor to meld
Serve with breath mints as the vapor will knock a buzzard off a ****** wagon at 100 yards

What don't I put in it!? I treat a ravioli salad pretty much as I would a reg salad. A few add-in ideas for next time:

Asparagus, green beans, brocolli, peas, pea pods, snow peas, roasted squash, , carrots, beets, cannellini beans, garbanzos, sun-dried tomatoes (or any tomato - grape, cherry, roma etc), baby spinach, fresh basil, marinated artichoke hearts, sweet roasted red peppers, black olives, diced red onions, scallions, ham, prosciutto, bacon, pine nuts, mixed greens, lemon/lime/orange zest, cheese(s) of choice. Seafood - shrimp, salmon, tuna.

Think salad, & add ravioli, i.e. Caprese, Greek, Caesar (add croutons).

Here's are a few more ideas:

Ravioli Pasta Salad

Terrific Tortellini Salad

Hazelnut & Chard Ravioli Salad

Or, toast your ravioli - dip in egg & bread crumbs & bake - pile 'em on top of salad.

Have a few more thoughts. Will add on later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom