Favorite Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm a tea enthusiast and have a pretty good working knowledge of tea. but I don't know everything and have as many questions as answers. Its nice to be somewhere where people know more about the subject than you do. At work I'm the tea expert, which may not be bad, but doesn't lend it self for me to grow. Being here I'm sure I'll learn alot and expand my tea expertise!

thanks everyone.

I prefer not to have tea out at a restaurant or shop in the US because they have no idea how to make tea in this country. (a cup of once hot water and a tea bag on the side is not tea), but any rail station kiosk in the UK can make you a fine cuppa worth your time to enjoy it.

Where I live, a lot of the oriental restaurants have a relatively good green tea.

For iced teas, I like peach and cherry. And amongst hot teas, my favourite is Jasmine green tea. It is so light and has a very refreshing fragrance.

I don't remember who it's by but I got it from Trader Joe's.
Pomegranate tea. Pretty good. A bit on the sweet side though.

Another one I like is White tea with tangerine.

My favorite tea changes from time to time, right now it's ginger and honey tea, and my never changing one is oolong tea.Time to time I have Kenyan brewed tea. (it's tea leaves, half milk half water, sugar, all boiled together and served hot)

The Kenyan brewed tea sounds really good. I'm going to try that soon!

My favorite tea: Chocolate mint black tea
In my closet I also have some:
oolong tea
Irish breakfast blend
Elderberry (also yummy...its dried elderberry with black tea)
I have a chai tea
Those are all loose leaf
I do have red rose for packets. But I prefer loose leaf.
I also have been using my fresh sage, thyme and oregano for some herbal teas. They are quite yummy. Honey is great with the thyme and sage.
I'm going to be adding mint to my herbs soon for tea stuff.

I have a lot of favorites but lately at bedtime it's been vanilla chamomile with a splash of milk or cream, sugar and honey. I drink green tea with pomegranite during the day.

1. Earl Grey

2. Jasmine flavored Green Tea

3. Long Island Iced (Okay, I know that doesn't count ;))

I've been getting into the loose-leaf teas from Adagio. My favorites have been the white teas, especially White Grapefruit. I also like green tea and jasmine oolongs. Right now, I'm drinking a tea I found at the store--Numi "White Rose"...it's OK, nice aroma.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom