Using powdered egg yolks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gpalexiades

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'll be making Eggnog tonight for a few people. My question is, I'll be using the Magic Bullit Blender. I will also be using Egg Yolk Powder for the eggs. Do I have to first mix the Egg Yolk Powder with water or can I add it as is with the other ingretients? And then blend the Eggnog.

Thank you,
George

Eggnog

First, I would rethink the strategy to use powdered eggs, since Egg Nog is mostly about texture. A dessicated product will not always reconstitute to the same consistency, so you are not guaranteed a similar result. (That does not mean it will be bad, though!!)
If you still plan to use powdered eggs or yolks, then absolutely mix them with water before you add them to the blender. That way you will have at least some control of the consistency of the eggs in your recipe.

I wish I had an answer for you, George, but I haven't heard of using powdered yolks. Are you doing so, because of the possibility of salmonella?

You should be able to added it dry with your other dry items. I have baked with powdered whole eggs before and they were added dry. You just need to modify the liquid you add.

I gotta go with EricC on this one. I can't even begin to imagine powdered egg yolks. You need to use the real stuff because egg yolks cause the egg nog to thicken as it should. Why are you using powdered instead of real eggs????:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom