Happy New Year's dinner, last one, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
whatcha making?
I must peruse the freezer as we're not attempting to go out anywhere tonight. Just us at home, in the warmth of the fireplace.
how bout the rest of you? if not going out, what's anyone making for their final meal of 2007?

Gonna be cold tonight so, without a fireplace, Buck will load up our nice big wood stove and warm things up nicely.

I've already cut our homemade baguette into cubes to let it dry a bit for tonight's fondue, our traditional New Year's Eve meal. Just finished shredding a half pound each of gruyere and emmenthaller and tossed with a couple tablespoons of flour. The garlic, white wine and kirsch are out on the counter ready to be called to duty. All that's left is to get the fondue pot out of the cabinet.

We're going to be really lazy tonight. Actually, we've been pretty lazy most of the day. Buck just called and said he thought he'd close the shop early today because everything downtown in our little town is "dead as a hammer." What the hey, it's the last day of the year. Why not?

~Oooh,Fireplaces and woodstoves, how cozy~

We're being lazy tonight too watching the new Waterford light crystal ball drop on tv later. I was going to cook, but nah. Just some popcorn, chips & queso dip and after, Grey Goose & orange juice.

Every New Years Eve, we all go to a favorite Chinese place for dinner. Afterwards we come back here and play games, chat, watch the little ones with noise makers and confetti, then we enjoy desserts and ring in the new year..The next day I'm off duty as it's my special day so I am lazy all day...open gifts and dinner is made by someone else:LOL: This year it is by my choice, prime rib, mashed garlic potatoes, salad, rolls and roasted asparagus with parmesan...dessert? wonder what that will be?
kadesma;)

We traditionally go to friends for New Years Eve and I cook dinner and they provide dessert. For my part, I decided I wanted to get back to what I learned in school so I am attempting a three course tasting menu - first course crab, second course vegetables and finally beef, with each course having a trio of different bites! Since I have a horendous chest cold and haven't been out of bed for two days it is a little bit adventuresome, but what can I say...I love to experiment!

Oh, LEFSElover, I haven't forgotten about your recipe, etc. I was heading to Calgary but I think I made a wrong turn and got on the road to the North Pole or something and caught this bug. he he! Is next year okay, seeing as that is tomorrow?

Not going anywhere tonight after all the snow we had today and still continues, so dinner is chicken florentine and some stuffed potatoes (stuffed with red and green chopped peppers, scallions, jalapenos, and cheddar, and then topped with cheddar as well, and a sprinkle of paprika.

Well for us here, it's the fireplace, a huge ole tri tip roast, with pan juices for the Yorkshire pudding I hope I actually make, large stuffed pots, deep fried jumbo prawns in horsey sauce for dipping and Barb L's yummy cake [I bought cherry pie filling BarbL] with birthday cake flavored vanilla ice cream from Wal Mart for dessert. Anybody else try this stuff yet from Wal Mart? Gad it's good. Bought two yesterday, the other vanilla one is spiced carrot cake flavored vanilla ice cream, that should be yummy too.

You all enjoy your evening no matter where you are or what you're doing.
this new year proves to be a winner I pray................
Happy New Year!

Well for us here, it's the fireplace, a huge ole tri tip roast, with pan juices for the Yorkshire pudding I hope I actually make, large stuffed pots, deep fried jumbo prawns in horsey sauce for dipping and Barb L's yummy cake [I bought cherry pie filling BarbL] with birthday cake flavored vanilla ice cream from Wal Mart for dessert. Anybody else try this stuff yet from Wal Mart? Gad it's good. Bought two yesterday, the other vanilla one is spiced carrot cake flavored vanilla ice cream, that should be yummy too.

You all enjoy your evening no matter where you are or what you're doing.
this new year proves to be a winner I pray................
Happy New Year!

I tried the birthday cake-flavored ice cream at my boyfriend's brother's birthday party a couple of months ago--it's good stuff! :)

The male half has to work tomorrow, so we're staying in and I fried some chicken for supper.

So what, may I ask does Birthday Cake Flavoured Ice Cream taste like, anyway? Hmm, wonder if they have it in the Walmarts up here!

Oh, the tasting dinner turned out great - I ended up with only two crab dishes but everything else went as planned. Our friends picked their favourites and had seconds on them!

had friends over for lamb stew and popovers

baked a brie en crut avec sauteed mushrooms...for hors d'oevre ... disappeared in 5 minutes or less!

Back
Top Bottom