Nuwave vs Flavorwave vs Super Turbo Oven vs Jet Stream Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mac

Assistant Cook
Looking for an infrared convection oven and would like to know if anyone on this site has any personal experience with any of these?

Or other web sites (other than Amazon or Epinions) with reviews.

thanks,

mac

I am a fan of both convection and infrared cooking technologies, but I can't recommend the products you ask about as I don't personally own them.

:)I have a Nu-Wave and I love it its great for poultry really crispy skin.I made ribs once and they were superb.

Tell me about it!!

Even though it's fattening, I just can't resist that dry crispy brown skin from the roast chicken. I love it!!

The powerful halogen heating element combined with the cyclonic fan blowing superheated air around the food makes it all possible.

I like the way that it cycles on and off - almost like a Christmas tree! I haven't used it in a while, but when I do, it makes the food taste so much better than just roasting it in the regular oven.

Have you tried cooking a frozen roast yet? It's supposed to do that as well. I haven't tried that yet. But the meat is supposed to be prepped and seasoned before we freeze it
to save time. I always end up thawing out the meat anyway beforehand.

Last edited:
I read on the internet that the nuwave is supposed to have far infrared whereas the flavorwave does not. Is this true? What are the differences between the Flavorwave and the Nuwave other than the NW being double the price. What do you get for the additional money. I want something that will last and hopefully also have good customer service. I had heard that Thane was not good at customer service. Is that true?

Tell me about it!!

Even though it's fattening, I just can't resist that dry crispy brown skin from the roast chicken. I love it!!

The powerful halogen heating element makes it all possible. I like the way that it cycles on and off - almost like a Christmas tree! I haven't used it in a while, but when I do, it makes the food taste so much better than just roasting it in the regular oven.

Have you tried cooking a frozen roast yet? It's supposed to do that as well. I haven't tried that yet. But the meat is supposed to be prepped and seasoned before we freeze it
to save time. I always end up thawing out the meat anyway beforehand.
:)Corey I ate the skins on six chicken thighs last night cooked in Nu-Wave
after that all I wanted was a salad no dinner.Pure heaven at the moment.I have never cooked a roast yet but have done whole frozen chicken it comes out perfect just like the company promises.

if you bought the flavorwave over the nuwave, what were your reasons?
If you bought the Nuwave over the flavorwave, what were your reasons?
thanks much.
and what have your experiences been with the respective company's customer service if needed?

mac

I read on the internet that the nuwave is supposed to have far infrared whereas the flavorwave does not. Is this true? What are the differences between the Flavorwave and the Nuwave other than the NW being double the price. What do you get for the additional money. I want something that will last and hopefully also have good customer service. I had heard that Thane was not good at customer service. Is that true?

Nothing really. They both look the same in features and performance.

I've never had to contact Thane for any customer service at all.

Jpmcgrew, to me, the sking on the thighs has more fat underneath it. I try to get the skin on the breast and the drmsticks dry and crispy brown. Since I mainly like the drumsticks anyway. I'm a drumstick freak!

In a buffet restaurant such as Old Country Buffet, of any of the ones in Las Vegas, I go straight for the drumsticks!!

if you bought the flavorwave over the nuwave, what were your reasons?
If you bought the Nuwave over the flavorwave, what were your reasons?
thanks much.
and what have your experiences been with the respective company's customer service if needed?

mac

I bought the Flavorwave Oven because I like the idea of having a super-fast cyclonic / halogen convection oven and it doesn't take up too much space on the counter.

As far as customer service, I never had any problems with my unit, therefore, I didn't have to call them at all.

Actually, I didn't know about the Nuwave until sometime later after my purchase of the Flavorwave. But trust me, there is really no difference between the two that I can see - very little if any at all.

Last edited:
I want to thank all of you for your help. I did order the nuwave oven today. Was wondering if those of you who have used it can give me some recipes that you have tried. I happen to love roast chicken (my favorite actually at Boston Market) and was wondering what kind of whole roast chicken recipes you have tried and also chicken breasts; love dark meat chicken parts; turkey drumsticks too.

again, thanks.

mac

don't know where that recipe section is on this site for nuwave/flavorwave recipes.

Specific Chats & Recipes section.

There is a section there for Chicken & Turkey. I'll write the recipe there, maybe tomorrow sometime.

corey, did you ever post that recipe for those chicken thighs? from frozen or fresh?

i have had an flavor wave deluxe for 5-6yrs. it's dying of old age and mistreatment. my own fault. not impressed with thanes customer service tho. however, the basic concept is great -just cannot get parts.
i have cooked almost everything in mine with outstanding results, including beer can chickens in about 20 mins. everything comes out excellent, moist and tender..
want to hear soonest about nuwave, and fwturbo, and jetstream .
thanks

corey, did you ever post that recipe for those chicken thighs? from frozen or fresh?

Not yet, as I've just been too busy with other things to do it.:ermm:

I once bought a Jetstream Convection Oven years ago. The blasted thing just wouldn't work, never even came on!!:mad:

I had no other choice but to return it for a refund. Was going to replace it with another, but I found out that all the others were just thrown in their boxes with no packing material to protect them during transit and no instruction manuals! That did it for me, as I was through with that brand!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom