Dinner menu for January 6th, Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After getting some ideas from the ground beef thread, I decided I'm making picadillo today, (Cuban ground beef & potato hash). It's usually made with ground beef, small diced potatoes, chiles, raisins and green olives. I'll leave out the green olives and add a little diced red pepper instead since DH doesn't like green olives. I'll heat some corn tortillas to serve alongside.

hot chili potato wedges, oven grilled breaded meatballs stuffed with salsa, and onion and cucumber dip.

Please tell me that this is your local or packet Chinese!?!?!?!?!:ohmy:
it's not a packet, it's not even local really, it's a fast food chinese take out and it's okay, not fabulous tho by any means:(it's also in our supermarket when you walk it, sometimes it's too easy to bypass:-p

No ideas here. I got a boneless leg of lamb out of the freezer to marinate and last night when I opened the package, I discovered that it smelled very bad. So I chucked it. I may make French onion soup or throw something on the grill, since it is going to be 60 today. I'm really ticked that my lamb was bad, I froze it immediately upon purchase so it had to be bad when I bought it. Why is it so hard to get good lamb?! It is almost impossible around here, everything I see comes from New Zealand.

I might make a cobbler later too - I have frozen peaches and blackberries in the freezer.

Tonight is Wings and Fries night. I might go so far as to make a dip for the fries.

I received a Christmas gift certificate for a neighborhood French cafe. Invited a friend to join me for a late lunch.

No dinner, maybe popcorn or crackers and cheese.

Woke up to a gray snowy COLD day... so, soup for dinner. Beans are soaking. Ham is thawing. Tummy is growling.

Hello, sunday dinner once again:LOL: pasta with veal/pork bolognese sauce,roasted brussels sprouts, and asparagus and articholes with the parsley,garlic and evoo...a big green salad with pears and dried cranberries and toasted walnuts, garlic parmesan bread and cheesecake and panna cotta with raspberry coulis for dessert! I'm done:LOL:

kadesma, happy sunday everyone:)

Forget the bean soup! I'm heading to CA to eat at Kadesma's! Once again your dinner
sounds perfect!!

Hello, sunday dinner once again:LOL: pasta with veal/pork bolognese sauce,roasted brussels sprouts, and asparagus and articholes with the parsley,garlic and evoo...a big green salad with pears and dried cranberries and toasted walnuts, garlic parmesan bread and cheesecake and panna cotta with raspberry coulis for dessert! I'm done:LOL:

kadesma, happy sunday everyone:)
that's it! YOU CAN NOT TEMPT ME THIS MUCH WHEN I'M SO FAR AWAY, IT'S JUST NOT FAIR:huh: and besides how hard would it be after all to just plain box that dinner up? heck, I'd do it for you.:-p
but ask two fine folks on here, I can't swear it'd get delivered in record time:(

It's been one of those weekends where we've been so busy that it feels like it's over before it even started. I'm hoping we can wrap things up early enought this afternoon that I can make dinner. If we do, I'll be making a chicken and vegetable stir-fry with a sesame-ginger sauce and serving it over brown and white rice.

have baby back ribs smoking right now ..
going to put some sausage on there soon also ..
something with red potatoes ..
obligatory box of kraft mac and cheese for the boy ..
green beans ..
maybe some salad .. and some bread of some sort ...
lots of football ..and maybe a few beers ...
its a beautiful day in S.E. Va ....

braised veal chops with spuds and whatever veggies I have...cauliflower I think...hmm a white meal.

The Christmas dinner I was too sick to make.
Roast Beef, mashed taters, yorkshire pudding
broccoli.
Leftover b-day cupcakes.

Back
Top Bottom