Automatic Funnel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use ladles and measuring cups for those things.

Do you cook large quantities of pancakes and scrambled eggs/omlets to need something like this?

Even when all 5 of our children were living at home, I found a 1/4-cup ladle the best thing to dish out pancake batter onto my large griddle.

Unless, as Andy noted, you are cooking for a crowd, the funnel gadget isn't really necessary. Just my opinion, though.

If you are asking about something like this that dispenses measured amounts of batter or egg, etc., it is intended for quantity use.

For 2-4 people, it seems unnecessary.

Last edited:
I got a big 8-quart Pyrex glass measuing cup that I use for pancakes. Works great.

I think I saw the auto funnel at Chefs.

Auto funnels are great for applications of about 100 or more, be it saucing a pate or batter on a flat top. For the house I would think it is a bit over kill and just more to clean.

auto funnels

I'm looking for an auto funnel for filling chocolate molds. I know there are confectionary funnels but they can be very expensive. Someone suggested a saucing funnel instead. Does anyone know what the differences are (if any) between the two? Thanks for any help.
:)

I'm looking for an auto funnel for filling chocolate molds. I know there are confectionary funnels but they can be very expensive. Someone suggested a saucing funnel instead. Does anyone know what the differences are (if any) between the two? Thanks for any help.
:)

Could you use a large pastry bag?

I'd like to find something similar that would accept and dispense dry goods to fill my coffee pods equally. A spoon just don't make the grade.

Someone recommended a shotgun shell powder baffle, but seeing I quit playing with guns once I reached puberty, I have no idea what that is or how it would work.

I'd like to find something similar that would accept and dispense dry goods to fill my coffee pods equally. A spoon just don't make the grade.

Someone recommended a shotgun shell powder baffle, but seeing I quit playing with guns once I reached puberty, I have no idea what that is or how it would work.

It is for loading your own shotgun shells, my dad had one. I don't see how that would work unless the coffee was ground, in which case it would work great as I remember his was very precise. Had to be if you wanted the shell to work properly!

But, that seems like a bulk operation to begin with. Ground a pound of coffee, put it in the baffle, measure it out until used up.

Andy, When I have a large corporate order I need something that will hold a fair amount of chocolate that I can refill. I had an order for 225 (8 oz.) candy bars with logo to do and it took a long time with the small funnel that I have. So I have been looking for something larger. I was trying to find something a little less expensive than the confectionery funnels. :rolleyes:

If you are asking about something like this that dispenses measured amounts of batter or egg, etc., it is intended for quantity use.

For 2-4 people, it seems unnecessary.
I'm bumping this thread because I make pancakes regularly. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a batter funnel til I read this. Well, later I happened to see this exact one on ebay for ~$10 so I bought it. I gotta say it's wonderful! No drippy ladles, no batter on the sides of the griddle, easy to clean. Actually, I think this size is perfect for 2-4 people. I had to refill it a couple of times for my family. Still, if you make pancakes regularly, you might like this thing as much as I do. A big thumbs up from me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom