Girl Scout Cookies - A Taste of Home FOR OUR TROOPS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael in FtW

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
It's that time of year again when the Girl Scouts of America (GSA) are selling cookies again. Can't wait to get my annual fix of Thin Mints!

There was a blurb on the news last night - you can also buy some from the girls that will be sent to our troops overseas! From what I heard - you just tell the Scout that you want to buy a box to send to the troops (they have a place on their order for for that) - you pay for the box(s) and they are sent to the USO which then packs them up and ships them overseas. You don't get to pick flavors or where they go (bummer) but you don't have to pay the shipping. If you do want to buy specific flavors and specify where they go - you have to pay the packing and shipping yourself.

I think it's a great idea! Aside from apple pie, Mom and baseball - what could be more American than Campfire Girls candy or Girl Scout Cookies???!!!!

Humm .. what ever happened to Campfire Girl candy?

This year I'll probably buy my usual 6 boxes ... but I'll only take one for me ... and no - none of my 4 granddaughters are Girl Scouts.

Bless ya you two...I'm in for 5 boxes
kadesma
:)Im in. I will match 5 boxes as well. We have a couple of girls on the ranch that are Girl Scouts that hit us up every year. Everybody here buys more than usual since our population on the ranch is so small.

That sounds ike an awesome idea. I ususally buy them but cannot eat, so I jsu give them away. Sending them to troops would be really nice.

I'll buy some too... can't do five boxes but, one or two will be sent.

Thanks for the idea!

I'll buy some too... can't do five boxes but, one or two will be sent.

Thanks for the idea!
:) Thats OK even one box will make all the difference in the world to the one person that gets it. All those one boxes from people can add up to thousands.:)

Oh - I never asked for anyone to match what I'm going to buy ... 6 boxes is just out of habit. You know, the old thing of I had kids selling candy bars for projects at school, others had daughters selling cookies .... so co-workers helped each other out.

Trust me - one box of cookies will not be enjoyed by just one guy ... unless he is really stingy and can figure out a way to hide it ... I've known a few guys who tried to hide cookies/fudge/brownies/cake from home ... but the smell brought out bunkmates like sharks to blood! :LOL:

I already purchased my cookies and wasn't told anything about donating a box to the troops, nor did I notice a section on our order form.

Oh - I never asked for anyone to match what I'm going to buy ... 6 boxes is just out of habit. You know, the old thing of I had kids selling candy bars for projects at school, others had daughters selling cookies .... so co-workers helped each other out.

Trust me - one box of cookies will not be enjoyed by just one guy ... unless he is really stingy and can figure out a way to hide it ... I've known a few guys who tried to hide cookies/fudge/brownies/cake from home ... but the smell brought out bunkmates like sharks to blood! :LOL:
:) Im guessing they will all get their own boxes and start swapping out between each other. I dont think we are so cheap they can't have their own box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom