Favourite meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlos75

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone

My name's Carl, all my friends call me Carlos.

Love to cook, hate to wash-up!

My favourite meal is toad-in-the-hole, what's yours?

Uhh, hi... what's a toad in the hole? (I think I want to know)....
And Hi Carlos :)

Uhh, hi... what's a toad in the hole? (I think I want to know)....
And Hi Carlos :)

Toad-in-the-hole is an exquisite English dish of Yorkshire pudding (pancake/batter mix) surrounding high quality sausages and baked until risen. It can be served on its own as a starter, or with potatoes and vegetables as a main course. Traditionally served with a rich onion gravy.

hi carlos. my favorite is grilled steak, fried orka, big slices of fresh tomato and corn muffins.

welcome

babetoo

Can see where you are going with the steak, tomato and muffins - all lovely foods, but what is orka? My guess would be some type of fish?

Am I any where near?

Can see where you are going with the steak, tomato and muffins - all lovely foods, but what is orka? My guess would be some type of fish?

Am I any where near?

Carlos, okra is a green vegetable. Not to be confused with orka - whale. Look here for an explanation/description of okra. I love it pickled.

Last edited:
My favourite meal

Toad-in-the-Hole is good if it's made correctly. Yorkshire pud batter can be tricky but my granny taught me how to make it. However, my meal would be rack of lamb prepared by moi, with Franconia potatoes, fresh asparagus, lightly steamed, :pig:dressed with butter and lemon juice. For dessert: Fresh raspberry couli over a squidgy (middle is almost liquid) brownie. Brownie recipe is attributed to Katherine Hepburn. She sure knew her brownies. Now, I'm REALLY hungry. Think I'm fire up a samosa from the vegetarian take-out. Bon appetit, everyone....

Back
Top Bottom