Chicken, crab, and lobster casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
Not sure exactly what the offical name, if any, is but we made this dish tonight as a variation on the "Oscar" we used to order at a Greek/American family resturant. The resturant has gone out of business, so we decide to make our own variation on the Oscar.

Ingredients:
3lb bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts
One 6oz to 8oz lobster tail
1lb of crab legs
8oz block of swiss cheese (you probably wont use all of it)
8oz wheel of Mushroom & Leek flavored monteray jack cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2tsp minced roasted garlic
1/4tsp each of salt and pepper
2tbsp flour
2tbsp butter
8oz heavy cream

Place chicken breasts on a wire rack mounted on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees on center rack for 40 to 45 minutes (or until just fully cooked).
Remove from oven, cut in half lengthwise to creat two equal peices and line the bottom of a casserole dish with them, flat side up, covering the bottom evenly. Slice the swiss cheese and layer over the chicken breasts again covering evenly.
Cook both the lobster tail and crab legs (I just boiled them), chop into bite sized peices and layer over the swiss cheese evenly.
In a sauce pan, melt over low heat the butter, then stirring constantly add the flour, cook an additional minute after fully stirred in. Stir in the heavy cream and cook an additional two to three mintues. Shredd the moneteray jack cheese and slowely stirr in until fully melted and incorporated. Add in garlic, salt, and pepper and cook an additional two to three minutes. Pour over contents of casserole dish, sprinkle grated parmesan evenly over the top, and place on top rack of oven set to 450 degrees for ten minutes (just enough to brown the top). Remove, cool, and serve.
We served it with roasted seasoned red potatoes cut into cubes and green bean almondine.

Anyone else ever had anything simular to this? Comments welcome but be kind I'm new ;) Anyway, just thought I would post this and see what everyone else thought of it. I have also heard of using a little white wine in the cheese sauce as well, but we didnt try that tonight.
We love Iron Chef America, so we always do a challenge when making a new meal. In this case, we challanged ourselves to getting all of the ingredients from ALDI. Right now ours is carrying the frozen lobster tail and the crab legs but in the off season we do use the imitation stuff in a pinch (cringe).
I am always interested in exchanging recipes with anyone else that is on a budget and knows how to cook up a good meal cheap!

Back
Top Bottom