Cornish Game Hen Dinner - Would Like Your Input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Planning a special dinner for two and have Amaretto Stuffed Cornish Hens as the main attraction. Don't want to do the same old sides, but don't want the menu to be too overpowering/too much. Help with narrowing it down & any ideas/input on the menu would be appreciated. TIA

So far some ideas to go with the Amaretto Stuffed Hens...

Butternut squash risotto (tired of the same old rice dish)

Or - Garlicky Potato Mushroom Gratin (too heavy?)
Garlicky potato & mushroom gratin

Green beans almondine

Appys for consideration

Tomato Tartlets
Tomato Tartlets

Or

Garlic Prawn Asparagus Tartlets
Garlic prawn & asparagus tartlets

Or

Melted Brie with Fruit
Melted Brie with Winter Fruit

Salad - spinach, red onions, mushrooms, avacado, & mandarin oranges

Dessert - White chocolate mousse or eggnog panna cotta with raspberries

Open for any suggestions.

I'm not sure what your choices should be but reading the list
sure made me hungry!!!

Have fun!

For lighter mashed potatoes, use 1/2 each of red potatoes and steamed mashed cauliflower. It is very good and your seasonings take on a new life.
The Butternut squash risotto is a good idea. And garnish with tomato...I think everyone agrees with the tomato.

Two sides is enough.

Your desert is perfect! You can serve two don't you know??? I'd probably look forward to the White chocolate mousse.

You can serve chilled water or lemon water with dinner and have a beverage with desert.

Can you post a recipe for the white chocolate mousse?

Those tomato tarts sure look like they'd taste GREAT!!!

They had my name written all over them. ;) (Doubt if they'll make it out of the kitchen to the table - lol.)

Stir, will pm ya when I get to my moussey recipes.

Thank you all for your input/suggestions.:chef:

It all sounds absolutely wonderful to me. Maybe the potatoes would be a bit heavy, but with StirBlues idea I think it would be just fine.
How bout serving it all?? I know its alot of work, but these days I find myself moving away from my traditional "main, two sides, salad, and desert meals" to serving multiple course meals just with many more and much smaller portions of each. I am loving the diversity of it all I guess ;)
I am torn between the two desserts, so again maybe both but half portions each?

If i just had to narrow it down (arm twisted behind my back):
Tomato tartlets, salad, butternut squash and green beans almondine (I like the idea of subbing the squash for a starch), and the white chocolate mouse.

But, what about rolls or a nice artesan bread to go along with the meal?

Back
Top Bottom