Heath Ledger found dead today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The news report I saw said it could be a drug overdose but nothing definite until the post. You know, I don't think there is one family in the world that isn't touched in some way by drug use/addiction. Just breaks your heart.

If it was drugs... what a waste of a life.
His daughter will grow up with out a dad now... sad.

They said he was found in bed with sleeping pills next to him. It makes me sad, I liked him. This was totally out of left field.

My favorite of his films was Monster's Ball, an incredible movie IMO. But the role he played in Broke Back Mountain was an amazing performance for someone so young.

"A Knights Tale" was my favorite. I loved his role in a light film that made me laugh.

I really liked him and I'm also shocked.

"I just can't quit you".....
What a waste. What's up with these young stars who have the world BTA? I was kind of hoping he would do something again with Mel Gibson (The Patriot). I just saw part of an older movie of his a few days ago, the one with Julia Stiles.... 10 things I hate about you (I think). What a waste. He was really developing as an actor, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his own demons.

The Patriot and Knights Tale were both great. He really was good, it's so horribly sad, I don't understand what happens to a person.

I know, I just went into Dead or Alive
to see what was said about Suzanne Pleshette, sp?
I went into the section for died the last 6 months and his name was first.
I thought I hit the wrong button saying out loud, "oh no, that's wrong, he's alive, not dead."
I'm now going to go into Matter of Dispute
and there's nothing in there as of yet.
What a shock...so sad, so young..........

We just hooked up our satellite tv & heard this on the news. It is just so tragic...he was too young & his poor two year old daughter & her mother. It is very sad.

he knew the dangers.

i am so sad for his family. however he was not a teenager. he knew or should have know the dangers of drugs.

maybe he was not sleeping and just over did the pills.

drugs are ruining our country.

babe

I stayed up late totally in shock, which sounds crazy since he was a Hollywood actor and not a close friend or family member. His role in Brokeback Mountain is what made me see him for the outstanding young actor he was. 10 Things I Hate About You was the first movie I saw him in and I thought he was great. One of those young actors that you knew would make it in such a tough industry.

Very good article here Heath Ledger - short career, lasting images

They think his death was accidental, sleeping pills. I don't think it's fair to speculate that he had a drug problem. His autopsy is scheduled for today. We can only hope it was an accident and that he didn't have a drug problem. I feel for his young daughter, growing up without a father in this painful world.

RIP Heath.....

Last edited:
The story broke here before 7am today (Perth time) and supposedly, his father found out by the radio. They said he had been sick with pneumonia and that he had not been sleeping well due to the heavy schedule of filming for his Joker role, something like one to two hours a night. It was also said that he would fly home to NY every few days to see his daughter. He was here in Perth for Christmas and was pretty much ignored - which is what he likes. He even phoned up our daily newspaper to thank them for leaving him alone during his holiday. Which was nice.

His dad came out and read a prepared statement with either his wife or ex-wife and his daughter by his side. Very dignified, especially as he did this after only four hours of the news being public.

TV and radio has been dominated by the death of (now) Perth's favourite son. I expect in the next few days there will be interviews with his friends. We have already had his former headmaster, and the casting agent who discovered him.

Most people here seem to believe that it was an accident with the sleeping tablets along with the relaxants. Very sad however it happened.

What a tragic loss. I was shocked to find out. I love many of his movies... 10 Things I Hate About You and a Knight's Tale, plus many others. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom