New and asking about opinions on 4 qt saucepans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gale1965

Assistant Cook
We recently bought a new smooth top stove (not induction) and found that my most used pans are warped on the bottom. The 4 qt is the one I am missing the most (the other is a 3 qt and I can probably use the 4 qt for pretty much everything I did in the 3). So anyway since I use it a lot I'd love to get a good quality pan. I've been using the bottom of an aluminum pressure cooker all these years, so I suppose anything would be an improvement. I'd like a multi clad pan though.

So anyway. I don't want nonstick and it needs to be dishwasher safe. I am thinking it should also have a helper handle. I have carpal tunnel syndrome so I think that would help with a heavier pan (my aluminum pan feels pretty heavy as it is and it's only about 1.5 lbs). I'm considering the following:

JCPenney Cooks brand copper tri ply (I actually wanted the stainless but it's out of stock and I need it fast). I have a gift certificate that would cover almost all of the cost of the pan, making it around $21. I am only assuming this pan has a helper handle-it doesn't show the 4qt on the website but the set has a 4 qt and that one does have the handle.

Tramontina tri ply clad from walmart I am concerned that this is lesser quality because that price is really low compared to other sites' tramontina 4 qt pans. I did some web searches and didn't find any complaints though.

Scanpan Fusion 5 from QVC (can't link it) this one is least likely because of the price-it is $100.

Any other inexpensive 4 qt dishwasher safe multi clad saucepans with a helper handle? I looked at cuisinart but none of them have the helper handle.

I am sort of leaning toward the copper but I don't know if the finish would get ugly from the dishwasher. Maybe the tramontina would be a better choice? I can't go and look at any pans in person because no stores near me have any. thanks!

sage,
Tramontina is a brand originally from Brazil, more famous (in Brazil) for cutlery than cookware. Their products are good, specially the Brazilian made stuff.
Nowadays, most of their products are made in China so they are probably running production of their designs under different brands. Target sells their cast iron cookware under a house brand name too.

I have an 8" Tramontina SS clad skillet that is excellent and only cost me $20. It was a promotional item at one of the kithen stores.

I bought a Tramontina 12-quart SS stockpot (disk on the bottom) with lid from Wal-Mart for $30. Also well made and works great. Never had a problem with ether.

Thanks everyone! I ordered the 4qt Tramontina from walmart. I think I will eventually replace my other pans so if I like this one, I'll probably get more. I can't wait to get it-my cooking choices are severely limited without my favorite pan!

This will be my first ever multiclad pan. I'm really excited to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom