Tall order for crockpot chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elemom

Assistant Cook
Seeking a crockpot recipe for boneless chicken that does NOT contain creamed soup, cheese or any other kind of meat. And preferably one that does not have a tomato base. We are a family of picky eaters and some dietary restrictions. Probably doesn't exist, but I thought I'd ask anyway! :rolleyes:

Salt and pepper chicken parts of your choice then lightly brown in a little butter. Remove from pan and add some sliced onion and a can of sliced mushrooms, drained, to the pan and cook until onion is softened, then add about 1/2 cup of dry sherry and scrape up any browned bits in the pan. Put everything into the crock-pot and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with noodles or rice. Spoon sauce over.

http ://www. thatsmyhome.com/slowcooker/poultry.htm for some ideas. Chicken Merlot with Mushrooms and Lemon Garlic Chicken are the first two I clicked on and they both fit your requirements.

Sorry I can't post links until I have 20 posts (almost there!)

thanks! It's a GREAT start! I never knew to search using "+" or "-"!! That was a bonus bit of info for me! :)

Oh and here is one similar to Katie's (tried and true):

S&P then brown bone-in (boneless would work too but the skin makes the chicken yummy) chicken pieces in a skillet for 2-3 min each side until golden.

Put chicken pieces in crockpot with cloves from 2-3 heads garlic (don't even peel them)

Toss in some sprigs of tarragon and fresh parsley, right on top
-thyme is a nice substitute for the tarragon

Pour in about an inch of low-sodium chicken stock.

Cover it up, cook on low, and don't open it for at least 4 hours.

Last edited:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL!! Will check them all out. Heading downstairs to crockpot now!

Easy, easy, not tomatoes:

4-5 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
2 bottles fat free Zesty Italian dressing (must be FF and must be Zesty) by Kraft (I think).
2 crushed cloves garlic
1/2 onion.
Couple shakes Italian Seasoning or Oregano, Basil, and Parsley (the Italian has all those) Use dry or they'll turn on you.

Place chicken in crock, pour dressing, add garlic cloves, sliced onion and spices. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve with orzo pasta.

Elemom, I think we must belong to the same family!
Those guidelines are the same I generally go with as well. (although I've been known to make a mean chicken scampi with tomatoes)

I've found that chicken, lemon slices, green onion bulbs, garlic chunks, Wolfgang Puck's organic chicken broth and evoo are a nice start to a good meal *(served with a good crusty bread)

I also like to put a whole chicken in, along with various mexican seasonings, green chiles, green onions, & broth, and then after cooking, shred the meat and serve on tortillas with a buffet style of toppings (beans, tomatoes, cheeses, olive slices) so each individual can make their meal to their own liking

My mum used to make a curried chicken casserole - curry powder, veges (potato, carrot, onion and peas I think) and some stock with water. She used to use drumsticks but there is nothing stopping you using boneless chicken instead.

You could also look at some of the Asian recipes for some inspiration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom