What's on your dinner menu Monday 1/28/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Hi folks. It's cold! I'm cold! And studying to boot!

1. Rachel Ray Mile High Lasagna.
2. Green salad with chunky home made blue cheese dressing.
3. Avocados drizzled in old Tuscan balsamic.
4. Sourdough toasted with butter and parm cheese.
5. Nestle European Style Mousse Mix w/vanilla infused whipped cream/Birthday Cake Ice Cream from the WalMarchay.

Now, what's on your dinner table tonight?

Happy Monday!

I was thinkin' spaghetti, but It's going to be 45 degrees today, quite rare, then the bottom falls out tomorrow nad its back to 10 below zero.......
Anyway I think maybe I will fire up the grill for some bbq chicken for the occasion!

Its not just cold...its ARCTIC here. (-46C with windchill and don't even ask me to convert that to F) So...french onion soup tonight.

Spaghetti and garlic bread for us today.

Tomorrow it'll still be in the 40's and I'll
be making bbq pork chops on the grill.
After that back down to the 20's, so
no grill again for awhile :eek:(

Too freaking cold for most anything, but life goes on. I'm off to work shortly, pray that my van lives through this cold snap.

Hey Alix you are sending your weather tomorrow for me..... against my request!!!!!
Does the soup come with it? :)

I'm having a "TRISH" day... no work, no cooking, no cleaning.
I told Paulie that I'd warm him up leftovers for lunch and dinner.
We still have home made pizza and sheapard pie.

I'm going to raid the refrigerator for leftovers for my dinner tonight. Buck will be out for his regular Lions Club dinner meeting. Warmed all the way up to 40F today, so I may have grilled cheese and canned soup if the leftover selection is thin.

gorgeous day today, finally got above freezing today (Alex) and I've been outside working up an appetite...we're having the same thing we had last night, and probably tomorrow night:LOL:

beef stew and NY Times bread

Peanut butter and honey on honey white bread with an angel food cake chaser.

And don't think I'm kidding. It's my birthday, I've been abandoned at work and at home. It took two tries and that cake is still not perfect (one quarter collapsed which is better than round one where the whole thing collapsed ~ who knew you really had to cool for four hours) I'm eating the whole dang thing for dinner.

We are going to have grilled chimichurri marinated chicken breasts, grilled rosemary carrots & a salad.

I'm craving something creamy with chicken in it, so I'm making chicken pot pie. I don't use the double crust method though, I make the filling and fill individual soup crocks with it and then top with puff pastry and bake. Dessert is some Polish paczkis that my bakery makes only at this time of year- lemon for me and custard for DH.

Last edited:
A spiral ham with potato salad that I made yesterday. It is above freezing here so I feel like it's heat wave.

We have enough leftovers that I've decided we're having that--between Saturday's chili and the pizza I brought home from my aunt's house, there's plenty that needs to be eaten.

We have leftover taco meat and Mexican rice from the weekend, so I guess I'll throw together some type of casserole, or enchiladas.

Happy Birthday, Callisto :)

I feel for you Alix! It was cold here today to, but warmed up slightly to around 20F. Will be making apricot chicken for dinner tonight and not sure what sides just yet. Like a couple others have mentioned, I too will be grilling outside once we get to 40F in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom