Whats your plan for the Superbowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NAchef

Sous Chef
Do you care?

Any new recipes you are going to try? Any traditional recipes you do on this "special" occasion?

Hope everyone has a great time!

Go Vikings!!!! :LOL:

Don't care to watch but will check out the final score in the AM! No plans other than the usual Sunday stuff (read paper, watch movies, generally hang out with the family). This year I may be doing homework too since my classes this semester are much heavier on the assignments and papers to be written.

If things hold up like they are...I will work day shift on Sunday.
Get home around 3:30 PM. Gather up the picnic basket and head over to my buddy, Brokepole's house for football, eats, cigars and some
Wild Turkey bourbon.
Mrs Hoot will try her hand at a new bacon dip recipe. She will also be making her world famous spaghetti. I will make a large bowl of Hoot's Salsa with home fried tortilla chips. I will also make a batch of homemade from scratch onion dip.
chef.gif

There will be Tempura catfish nuggets, and I am gonna try an experimental recipe I been rollin' around in my head for Buffalo catfish nuggets. I suppose I could call them catfish wings, but who is gonna believe that??
eek.gif

I posted what I'm doing in the other superbowl thread.
The food is undecided so far.

We'll watch.. ( don't even know who's playing)
but.. we'll be cleaning house and playing on the computers
and doing other things at the same time.

Will watch, will enjoy the commercials. Will snack on whatever crap I have in the house. If Pittsburgh was in, that would be a different story.

My boyfriend and I are having a few people over. None of us really care about football, though. We're just tuning in for the commercials and the halftime show. :D

I'm with CherryRed. I could care less about the game. The only reason I'd watch is to catch the commercials.

I'll go to a party if someone has one. I don't watch sports so I don't care about the game. What is the halftime show? Anyone know?

The only time I ever watch the Super Bowl is if the Chargers or Panthers are in it. I do like the commercials, so maybe I'll record it and fast-forward to the commercials. LOL That's kind of backwards from normal, as I usually fast-forward through the commercials and not to them!

:)Barbara

I think I heard Tom Petty's name mentioned, Jen. The halftime is the one part of the game I don't pay attention to, so don't really know for sure.
And yes, I missed Janet's "wardrobe malfunction" a couple years ago....

The only time I ever watch the Super Bowl is if the Chargers or Panthers are in it. I do like the commercials, so maybe I'll record it and fast-forward to the commercials. LOL That's kind of backwards from normal, as I usually fast-forward through the commercials and not to them!

:)Barbara
I do that a lot. Most years I don't care, this year I'm interested because for the life of me, NY should not be there so I want to see how badly they get trampled.

I REALLY want to make something really yummy! It needs to be appetizer type food. One year I made chicken pot pie and it got gobbled up fast - but they are a pain to make the way I make them.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

I am SUPERstitious.

I'll be sitting at the same table at our local pub that I sat in through the playoffs...

wearing the exact same clothes. :sick:

Just like I did for the Sox!!

GO PATS!!

p.s. I bought a $50 square with 2 other people, so wish me luck!

buffalo chicken dip is always one of my favs that I whip up for the boys with some good quality pita chips for dipping

How about the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet and then catch the commercials on the Super Bowl. Other than that... don't give a poop about it!

Buck just told me the Super Bowl is this Sunday, so you could say I'm "sports challenged." I have a great dinner planned, but not necessarily Super Bowl fare. Oh, well. We only watch it for the commercial anyway. Everyone else have a great time and I hope your team wins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom