Today's dinner 30th Jan. 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radhuni, what is pulao and how is it prepared?

Today's dinner is up in the air right now. We were planning on going out to dinner but seeing that it is below zero outside, I might make dinner instead. I have boneless skinless chicken in the fridge - either Jkath's crockpot chicken over pasta or a sauteed chicken breast with an herb cream sauce - sauteed spinach on the side - oooh, and I have some portabella mushrooms too!

lol, mm.

umm, you know what roho fish kalia is? ;)

tonight, finally, tonight i'm gonna make the pork tenderloins. as of now, one will be stuffed, one will be sliced, floured, and made gratinata style; with fresh sage and rosemary, butter, stock, and cheese.

Well, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided to get Mondays meal Right this time, so....

it`s Lemon and garlic Chicken, with Ariely Oscillated salad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radhuni, what is pulao and how is it prepared?

Pulao is dish prepared with rice (a variety of pulav or pilaf)

I prepared pulao with Basmoti (scented) rice, cashew nuts, raisins, ghee and garam masala.

Well, I'm currently baking my yummy Sweet Potato Muffins for the boy. But for dinner, well I've decided in honor of the sun shining most of the day I would make myself a tasty Mojito. Fresh mint, Pelligrino and rum is waiting to be mixed into a tasty cocktail! Except I just remembered I have no ice...dang. Walkin to the corner store!

Oh right, dinner. Hummmm....might have to be something easy and comforting later...like the classic British comfort food....beans on toast! YUM!

Cherry drums, which is chicken leg quarters in the crock-pot glazed with a mixture of soy sauce, mustard, garlic, cherry preserves, salt and pepper. I'll serve it over rice. Not sure what else but, of course, more of Sunday's cake. That thing is going to last forever.

No Mojito for me. Neither corner store had ice! Who the heck doesn't stock ice!!!!!!!!!

Update!! My wonderful neighbor just brought me enough ice for two Mojito's! :)

Last edited:
Well, the forecast for overnight said freezing rain...we got snow. The forecast for this morning was light showers...we have snow. Toto, this isn't Vancouver anymore:LOL:

In honour of the fact that we are getting snowed in again, I am going to pull out a couple of ham bones from the freezer, use up the leftover ham in the fridge and make a huge pot of thick ham and pea soup. I think I will make some fresh hot biscuits to go with it.

I'll probably just do burgers--boyfriend is going out with his buddies and I think my sewing circle gets together tonight.

Simple Chestnut Mushrooms on toast tonight! Stir Fryied quickly in a wok very hot and tossed in Worcestershire Sauce and ground black pepper served on buttered wholemeal toast :cool:

It's cold and blustery, here, too, so I have a big pot of chili cooking on the stove. DD and I will bake some corn bread later this afternoon to go with it.

Suzi- I mix Open Pit BBQ with Catalina dessing, today I added some Bulls Eye BBQ just for good measure. The last time I made them I basically mixed all the little bits of sauces I had left in my fridge. They turn out great.

Back
Top Bottom