Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cakes & Cupcakes (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Best chocolate cake ever (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/best-chocolate-cake-ever-42575.html)

xmascarol1 01-30-2008 03:48 PM

Best chocolate cake ever
 
this cake evidently is the most sought after recipe at the Epicurious website and this morning NBC Today show made it. It did look good and I thought maybe those folks around the world who don't get that show might like the recipe. Let me know if you have already made this and give us a review. I'm going to make it for Valentine's day.
Double Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe at Epicurious.com

Katie H 01-30-2008 04:00 PM

I saw that segment of the Today Show, carol. The cake is so, so close to one that has been in my family for several generations. One of the slight differences between the two recipes is that my recipe makes a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch pan.

Based on the ingredients and method for the cake we saw this morning, I would imagine it's probably absolutely wonderful.

If you want to do a little comparing look at my recipe here.

suziquzie 01-30-2008 04:23 PM

I'll try any chocolate cake to find the perfect one! Thank you!

kadesma 01-30-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziquzie (Post 542047)
I'll try any chocolate cake to find the perfect one! Thank you!

Suzie,
I've made Katie's devils food cake...It is fantastic..I took two to the dialysis center last week and they were both gone in an hour...My grandkids love it as is without frosting..
kadesma

expatgirl 01-30-2008 04:39 PM

I have no choice here---I have to use anything that is cocoa powdered base because that's all that's available but they loved it just the same.........they are not used to chocolate cakes here

Toots 01-30-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatgirl (Post 542061)
I have no choice here---I have to use anything that is cocoa powdered base because that's all that's available but they loved it just the same.........they are not used to chocolate cakes here

Not used to chocolate cakes?! Girl, that is so sad.

aguynamedrobert 02-04-2008 03:43 PM

I would love to hear how the cakes turns out for whoever makes it...I am desiging my chocolate cake recipe right now so I'd love to see what everyone thought of this recipe...

Have a great day

redkitty 02-04-2008 03:52 PM

WOW! Looks amazing and super chocolatey but oh my I don't want to find out how many calories per slice!!!

I'm drooling thinking about this cake now! Thanks for sharing!

LEFSElover 02-16-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguynamedrobert (Post 544320)
I would love to hear how the cakes turns out for whoever makes it...I am desiging my chocolate cake recipe right now so I'd love to see what everyone thought of this recipe...

Have a great day

what a lovely web site. so you 'must' really know chocolate then. yummmmm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.