Free cooking lessons on YouTube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Free cooking lessons on YouTube?

• Total voters
Well, I watched someone cooking a stir fry yesterday.
Learned how to season the dish, picked up a tip from her
stir fry methodology...

Haven't watched any "lesson" videos yet, just people doing their
thing.

Planning on watching some "make kimchi" ones later; see how they do that..
Cuz I am making some this weekend!

I've watched a few demos on youtube. Wouldn't call most of them "lessons," tho. some are good, some are not good, and in fact, might well transmit some very bad habits.

imho better to check out the cooking videos on pbs.org. They are free, too!

simonaskitchen,
Same as ChefJune, I watched some videos in YouTube and I think they are useful.
You can learn some stuff, but also you can learn how not to do some stuff too. I watch some videos, specially before trying something completely new... I like the visual aid videos provide.
I wasn't aware PBS has cooking videos, I really like Cooks Illustrated and hope can catch some of their stuff or Julia Child.

Thanx for your answers! In these days I'm wondering if preparing some simple lessons about 'basic cooking recipes'. Italian cooking is very simple, some recipes need just a few instructions.
I was seriously planning to get recipes like pizza dough, pomarola sauce, Italian pasta, lasagna a.s.o.
I'll let you know.
Thanx again, simona!

I like to see the the videojug.com from Food and Drink channel, and have recomended them to young friends that are interested in learning to cook.
SIMONA: love your idea of doing videos of Italian cooking. May I kno the address of your website?
Lucia

Go ahead Simona, post some videos.
I would like to learn more about Italian food, specially local recipes.

Simona, I take that back the comment about local recipes... I checked your website, it is great !
Congratulations.

Last edited:
Some on youtube are good and easy to follow, but others are terrible and it's just like playing with the camera and posting it on youtube.

I was thinking of something simple, such as pizza dough, which is very famous and lot of people think it's difficult! Or spaghetti, pomarola sauce, berlingozzo, biscuits with almonds... whatelse?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom