What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made oatmeal cinnamon chip cookies with some cinnamon chips that my good friend PA Baker sent me. WOW! They were a huge hit. I took some to work today and they got hoovered. Frankly, I've had a crappy day so I'm going to go eat some more. I'm in the mood to make monster cookies with peanut M&M's. Don't know if I have the energy though!

Alix I made the same cookies this morning! Yummy!
I hope your day is better now.

Getting there suzie! I'm just going to hang out here to destress. Works every time! And COOL about the cookies! We don't get those cinnamon chips here, but they were really good in the oatmeal cookies. I should go see if I posted that recipe, I think I did.

Getting there suzie! I'm just going to hang out here to destress. Works every time! And COOL about the cookies! We don't get those cinnamon chips here, but they were really good in the oatmeal cookies. I should go see if I posted that recipe, I think I did.
I sure hope you posted that recipe:LOL: Want to make some kind of cookies to celebrate..I did it I'm on my own til friday then I go in and they evaluate me and then kick me to the curb again..I passed and graduated...Now we wait til march and go for an evaluation about a transplant..Oh boy aint life grand?
Hang in ther Alix it will get better I promise...
kades

mmm those sound even better than mine.
I had Hershey cinnamon chips and used the recipe on back. no coconut, with raisins.
It was funny though, I almost did add coconut, it fell off the top of the sugar container as i took it out of the cabinet, and I thought, hmmm maybe I should throw that in....
I did use my brand new bottle of Mexican vanilla MIL brought back for me from her cruise last week though. THAT was good!!
OK I"m done now.
kadesma I hope you also are feeling better and you are getting your... uhhhh... space?
You really are just such wonderful people.

My mom and I spent the day baking frosted sugar cookies. These have been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember.

Where can you find cinnamon chips? Do they just sell them at the grocery store?
We have a bakery in town that makes cinnamon chip bread and it has brown sugar baked onto the top. Think I'm gonna go get some tomorrow.
So many sweets and so little time. Its no wonder I've had so many cavities.

what I baked today

Well, I made 2 big loaves of ww bread, with flour I just ground. I've been using the great idea of baking it inside the Dutch oven for all my bread. Made a 1# loaf to give away and made a 2 # loaf for us. Already had to cut into it and make reuben paninis for supper with it along with corn, potato cheesy chowder. I dumped in the leftover steamed summer squash and red peppers that we had last night and it really set it off with a lovely flavor. Then I baked up my usual baked egg custards which we can't seem to get enough of. After that I was hankering for a yellow cake with choc. frosting, so I baked up a really nice easy one, half a recipe's worth because there's just the two of us and we really didn't need it anyway. Hopefully it will last a few days.
I did all this because we were snowed in again. We got 9 inches today. Hubby's been out blowing snow 2 times today. I got all that baking done, plus painted a new watercolor pic, and practiced my fiddle too.

I'm craving some baked apples stuffed with nuts, brown sugar, oatmeal and spices. I may just bake some tomorrow morning.

Where can you find cinnamon chips? Do they just sell them at the grocery store?
We have a bakery in town that makes cinnamon chip bread and it has brown sugar baked onto the top. Think I'm gonna go get some tomorrow.
So many sweets and so little time. Its no wonder I've had so many cavities.

yep they were right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. Made by hershey. I think other companies may make them too.... I also saw somw cherry chips. I'm gonna grab those on todays trip. :pig:

I'm craving some baked apples stuffed with nuts, brown sugar, oatmeal and spices. I may just bake some tomorrow morning.

Dina, I am with you on the apples, but I think I will do an apple crisp. Another old family favorite is apple pan dowdy where you shred the apples and wrap them in cinnamon, brown sugar and raisin sprinkled bisquit dough and then bake it in a sauce. Only problem is my grandmother never had a recipe and I only know how to make enough for an army :LOL:

Just out of the oven

DH loves lemon meringue pie so I just finished baking my first one. Sitting on the cooking rack right now. DH is standing by to give it the ol' taste test. Now I only have another 20 lemons to use up. :LOL: Next up, suziquzie's lemon sherbert!

I made banana walnut muffins for today's breakfast and just took a batch of THE FOOD PROCESSOR'S BIBLE pecan rolls out of the oven.
By the way, my almost new 11 cup Cuisinart food processor decided this recipe was too much for it and shut down. It was only 3 cups of flour!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom