What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I prepped an apple pie, but just froze it before baking. I baked a rhubarb crisp and a rhubarb tart with the leftover pastry. The brownies I made the day before are all gone. WOW. I'm still trying to perfect the recipe. I think I'm nearly there. I have the consistency but I need a richer chocolate flavour. More cocoa next time.

Another apple crostata with some apricot preserves. The kids have been craving chocolate chip cookies (not Chips-a-hoy stuff) so I think I bake a batch for them for after school.

Blueberry cream cheese stuffed brownies. I burned myself tasting them but it was all worth it. They're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious!

Hey Dina, got a picture by any chance?

I'm going to bake some cookies. Thinking mocha chippers, but I might be persuaded to do something else.

Blueberry cream cheese stuffed brownies. I burned myself tasting them but it was all worth it. They're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious!

Was that from the recipe I posted? Just curious. :angel:

I'm going to be baking some golden blondies today. And making some cashew brittle. I know the brittle isn't baking technically, but whatever! It's sweet... good enough, hey? LOL.

~GB

No Alix. I didn't get a chance to take any pics as they were gone in minutes.

Yes Grumblebee. It's your award winning recipe, or at least it should be! Thanks for posting it.

Was that from the recipe I posted? Just curious. :angel:

I'm going to be baking some golden blondies today. And making some cashew brittle. I know the brittle isn't baking technically, but whatever! It's sweet... good enough, hey? LOL.

~GB
I did a search, copy and paste. Sounds like a real crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing.

Have three loaves of NYT shaped and ready for the oven. A 3# batch of sandwich rolls on their first rise, and after a quick shower I'll get the Italian bread dough made. I think this week I'm going to shape the Italian dough into 3-1/2 oz hogie rolls for mini sub sandwiches. Something different to do for a change. I could also shape for kaiserrolls at 3 oz. I'll post pics on the bread forum later on. It's 0730 so I want to get this baking done before the weather warms up too much and makes the house uncomfortable. Should hit 81 today outside.

I've been baking all weekend, it seems. Zucchini bread on Friday, zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting yesterday, and peach pie today!

I made some Irish soda bread this morning. We had some for lunch with Maasdamer cheese, honey mustard, sliced onions and pickled beets. :)

Baking done for the weekend. Sandwich rolls, NYT bread and rolls for brats. Been a busy morning in the kitchen starting at 0630 and finished at noon.

Time to go looking for hardwood flooring for the home office. DW wants the right color floor to go with the furniture. Probably going to be mahogany.

img_675488_0_549c209a1c70dc11329c29ea643872fb.jpg

First time I've baked since Buck died. Just finished 3 dozen cake mix cookies. Used strawberry cake mix and mixed in white baking chips and coarsely chopped walnuts. They smelled great as they were baking and turned out beautifully. Haven't sampled them yet. I'll wait until dinnertime to enjoy them.

Just finished some cocoa mounds. Well, they're not actually baked, they're cooked on top of the stove.

Attachments

• cocoa-mounds-0000.jpg
    cocoa-mounds-0000.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 195
As much as I like nuts in my chocolate chip cookies, I didn't add them today cause hubby is home with me and after all, they are for him not for me. He likes them, said they're very good but wants them more baked, so they'd be crisp. I had to remind him, "honey, I underbaked them so they'd be soft". "oh" he said. He's such a nucklehead....had to toss in a butter dish....or 3:ohmy:

Attachments

• butterdish and cookbooks 003.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 003.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 206
  • butterdish and cookbooks 004.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 004.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 201
  • butterdish and cookbooks 005.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 005.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 195
As much as I like nuts in my chocolate chip cookies, I didn't add them today cause hubby is home with me and after all, they are for him not for me. He likes them, said they're very good but wants them more baked, so they'd be crisp. I had to remind him, "honey, I underbaked them so they'd be soft". "oh" he said. He's such a nucklehead....had to toss in a butter dish....or 3:ohmy:

...and here I sit without a glass of ice cold milk.:( The look Delish! Send me some with lots of walnuts. Can't have enough nuts in cookies, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom