72 hours quit!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
72 HOURS, COMPLETELY SMOKE FREE!!!:w00t2::boxing:
I have never been able to get past the 48 hours without a puff here and there. I can honestly say, I have not touched a cigarette since Thursday morning at 8:30 am! I'm okay so far on real cravings.
Thank you all for your encouragement. If I hadn't had you guys to feel accountable to, I don't think I would have made it through, especially yesterday:cool: I found my new addiction though, orange tic tacs:LOL: I used to love these things and got a pack of them yesterday. They are only 60 calories for the container too. Not too bad:-p

Attachments

• smokefree.jpg
    smokefree.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 214
Thank you Uncle Bob!! It has definately been a test of wills
1.gif
, but, with everyone here helping me, I am doing it!!

Thank you TATTRAT!!
I really haven't had a craving yet this morning at all. Have not had a Commit today so far. I am having a stupid migraine though, or at least, one is coming on. I get the auras before and I'm floating a little as I do before it hits. I can handle that though. Advil is kicking in and helps.
I think my system is still going through shock though. LOL

Awesome job, tg! Now that you're past the 72 hour mark, the nicotine is out of your system so the chemical withdrawal will fade. You'll be feeling better and healthier every day--yea! Keep up the great work. We're cheering you on!

Congratulations TEXAS GIRL!!! Never heard of anyone dying from orange tic tacs so glad those are helping to get you thru the cravings---from what my 3 pack a day Camels no filters cigarette father in law who quit cold turkey after the doctor told him that he could keep smoking and not live to see grandkids come into the world or quit and dance at their weddings (which he did) you will be other smokers' worst nightmare!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, Girl!!!

Thanks Expat!!
That is one of the thoughts that I had. What if, I have grandkids and don't get to see them grow up.

sobering thought isn't it?? And my f-i-l was in a terrible condition when the doctor told him this and he went on to live a full rich life---believe me you've got to be around to watch your kids deal with teens--I have a 5 year old granddaughter and plan on hanging around for her teens (heeheehee) and when Grandma dances at her wedding

You deserve to be proud of yourself. Congratulations!!!!!

You'll know the battle has finally been won when you see someone else light up and you all of a sudden realize that you feel sorry for them.

have a 5 year old granddaughter and plan on hanging around for her teens (heeheehee)
Yeah, I want to be able to see this too and laugh hysterically at my boys!!!:ROFLMAO:

You deserve to be proud of yourself. Congratulations!!!!!

You'll know the battle has finally been won when you see someone else light up and you all of a sudden realize that you feel sorry for them.

Thank you Buck!!

Oh, wow, I just wished that my fil would feel sorry for them---he would confront them in public---he was horrible to be around when they would light up in front of him or he smelled the smoke wafting over our table and his food---hahaha!--you're lucky now, Girl, smoking has been banned just about everywhere........keep up the program!!!

Keep up the great work TG!!! You are stronger than those cigs and are proving it. You will beat this addiction because you have the right attitude about it. I am very proud of you.

Ohhhhh good for you, texasgirl!!!! You have gotten through the worst part of it, so you will make it now!!

I've been there, and I NEVER want to have to quit again!

Best best BEST of luck!

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom