Found another use for my egg slicer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I use my egg slicer to slice eggs. No duh! But I also use it to slice mushrooms and strawberries.

This weekend I decided to make scones for Sunday breakfast. The recipe asked for cold butter to be cut into small pieces. I HATE that job. It's messy and yucky.

For some reason the light bulb went on over my head and I reached for my egg slicer. I cut a 3 tablespoon chunk of butter, put it into the slicer. Whap! Sliced it. Turned the sliced butter a quarter turn and sliced again. Cool. Nice butter chunks. Gonna keep doing this whenever a recipe calls for small cubes/chunks of butter.

Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone interested.

Thanks for the tip, Katie! I never had an egg slicer because I don't like single-use implements. But with this tip, I might just go and get one.

does a good job on a 1/4 of an avocado, and whole canned baby beets..
kadesma

hey I like that thanks!
I realy really hate cutting up cold butter too.
I dont have one cuz i don't like plain eggs, but i guess i can buy a new gadget now!
Cool!

Pampered Chef

I wished I would have known before we bought that pampered chef butter slicer, oh well. :(

I bought a 2-way egg slicer today! Never seen this before. On one end it has the usual guitar strings for making thin slices. On the other end it has 3 wires joined together at the center forming congruent angles for slicing an egg vertically into 6 wedges. Cool!

I used to have an egg slicer -- I guess I never used it much as I can't find it now.
But to cut up eggs for salads I use my box grater and 2 secs your done.

Back
Top Bottom