Right Around the Corner - Four Foodie Tips for a Romantic Valentines Day (or Anytime)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caugas

Assistant Cook
It's that time of year again -

While you can flavor your entire meal around superior quality extra-virgin olive oil, be sure to try a quick bruschetta appetizer with simple, fresh ingredients. You can prepare it in just a few minutes. Toast your slices of bread and top them with chopped fresh garlic, a drizzle of oil, and salt and pepper. Add your diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Top with another drizzle of oil and serve with white wine.

Good pasta is good for you – don’t be frightened by carbohydrates. Just pair up some superior quality Italian pasta like the organic wheat varieties of Felicetti with your extra-virgin olive oil and veggies, or toss with your favorite cream sauce. Felicetti’s pasta is shaped from bronze dies, best for capturing your favorite sauces.

When you think romantic dessert, the first thing to come to mind may not be balsamic vinegar. I say think again!!! Get out of the pre-made salad aisle and try this versatile liquid made from white grapes on your next batch of fresh raspberries. And get the good stuff, barrel-aged at least five years. Then, sit back and enjoy the compliments of your guests.

You don’t have to be a barista to enjoy good coffee at home, and you don’t need an espresso machine. Try some good Venetian coffee like Caffe del Doge at medium grind. If you are adding milk, make it lukewarm. It was the Venetians who first introduced Europe to coffee in 1615, so trust them, they know what they are doing.

Have a Romantic Valentines Day!! Enjoy.

My plans this year, depending on the weather, is packing a small basket with a couple bottles of wine, some cheese, a loaf of good bread, a few chocolate covered strawberries, grab the wife and head to the beach for a magnificent sunset :wub:

I must be getting mushy in my old age :angel:

I LOVE strawberries with balsamic and fresh cracked black pepper!

I'm all about throwing a blanket on the living room floor and having a picnic (beach is a bit far away :LOL:) with nothing but finger foods.......and Champagne......lots of Champagne...and flowers...and candles...and music...and oh, my husband too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom