Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
Tired of the same old boring chicken?? With just a little effort you can have a top notch meal like this :)

I flattened the chicken breast with my hand after butterflying with a sharp knife.

25927235_6c27ebe210_o.jpg

I've sprinkled the breast with some Dizzy Dust and some ham & cheese that I had on hand. Use your imagination here.....your favorite seasoning, swiss or cheddar cheese, smoked ham or prosciutto, etc...the sky is the limit here.

25927236_35cc784305_o.jpg

I have carefully rolled up the breast, not too tight or the ham & cheese will squish out. I've tied them, again not too tight, with some butcher's twine. Note:food netting would work great for this!

25927237_30d68b2ced_o.jpg

Time for more Dizzy Dust, some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and I topped it off with some crumbled garlic/parmesan Pita chips.

25927238_a52a462bf8_o.jpg

They went on the grill indirect at 375° for approximately 40 minutes. I added just a touch of pecan wood for extra flavor.

25927239_833515fa75_o.jpg

This tasted just as good as it looked :-p Chicken Cordon Bleu, copper carrots, steamed asparagus and some fresh tomato salad. A Lindeman's Chardonnay rounded out the meal.

25927240_4ee1c2e356_o.jpg

An alternative to butterflying and tying is to use a parring knife to make the smallest possible incision. Once you get the blade deep into the meat, rotate it back and forth which slices the inner meat but does not increase the incision point.

Back
Top Bottom