Which range/oven to get - electric convection or gas convection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookingH

Assistant Cook
Hi. I am looking to buy a new range or separate cooktop and oven. I read Consumer Reports and the previous comments on this forum (general preference is for electric ovens, not gas). I would like to get gas cooktop and an oven with true convection (the one with the 3rd element). But I need some opinions - is there a difference in performance between electric true convection and gas true convection oven? Was the issue of uneven temperatures known to happen in gas oven eliminated with true convection? I mostly roast meat, vegetables, and bake desserts, not bread. I want true convection so that I can roast or bake multiple dishes evenly without worrying about how close to the element they are. I am looking at the regular appliance brands, not professional. Please share your experiences / opinions. Thanks!

you will get a number of opinions here so don't expect board consensus. But you give us good parameters.

My mom and now my sis had/have a top end Frigidaire electric range with convection oven. (glass top) very good product, even heat, reliable. THey make undercounter and wall mounts, oven only.

There are many gas cooktops to explore 4, 5 and 6 burner to fit your need. Look for good knobs with a real feel of where you set them. (THe new Sears Kenmore line does not have this...the knobs seem to twist any which way...bothersome to me)

THe GE cafe line and other models are popular. Whirlpool maintains its good reputation.

Go on line to various companies' web site to check out the options and look for showrooms where you can see and touch the real thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom