Restaurant Reviews From DC Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Okay, Frommer's guide, is an excellent source re restaurant reviews etc, but would like to see DC members' restaurant reviews & recommendations. What restaurant did you visit, how was the service, price, dishes you would recommend... etc. Would you go back again?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! don't like to think about my last outing at Shapley's! It was suppose to be soooo woooonderful!! Yeah right! Not even average! One little side I had...Herb roasted potatoes...I did manage to find one small piece of parsley!!! :ermm: I am contantly amazed at the poor quality product that is presented with premium prices, and people rave about it. Grrrrrrrr! Oh, and have my eyes totally gone...why must it be so dark?? I needed a flashlight to read the menue!! Is this suppose to be "cool"? :cool:

The PS Bancock on Clark St. in Wrigleville, Chicago. It is just a couple of blocks south of the ball park, and has some of the best Thai food in Chicago in my opinion.
We have known the owner for almost 12 years now, she has watched our kids grow up, and is always surprised my kids will try the spicy things when hers won't! They have a great Sunday buffet there, good chance to sample many of their appetizers and most popular dishes. Last we were there (about 6 months ago) it was running about $12.95 per person, but well worth the cost in our opinion. Great service and don't be surprised if you get to meet the owner, she is out on the floor a lot talking to her customers and listening to what they want.

My favorite restaurant is La Campania in Waltham MA. Upscale dining without the hassle of going into Boston. Service, food, atmosphere, wine. I love their wood grilled veal chop but have enjoyed everything I have ever ordered there. Everything from breads to pasta are made in house. It is family owned and operated. Friendly and attentive. Never had a negative experience.

Back
Top Bottom