ISO the perfect cupcake recipe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive recently got a bee in my bonnet about cupcakes, but none of my recipy books have any recipys !!

Have made plain vanilla ones from a site i found, but the tops were not at all flat like i wanted! plan to do the black forest ones aswell as they sound lovely (cant post site co not enough posts yet but will add it when i do!!)

Still after more tho! Anyone got any really tasty recipys for the cake, the icing (frosting?) or both? failing that a good book on the subject!

Thanks theres some fab stuff on there!

jkath, for some reason i cant open your link :-( (thanks for the comment on the pic, i swear T is going to be a chef when he grows up, he LOVES to cook!)

Fill cupcake papers/moulds
1. 1/2 full for "flat" top
2. 2/3 - 3/4 full for domes
3. nearly full for "mushroom" tops

The structure for the cupcake depends on the density of the batter: eg a thin, oil-based chocolate batter can run the risk of over-flowing while a fudgy batter may not dome very high even if filled nearly to the top ..

Thanks!!

have made the black forest ones i posted a link to (VERY yummy) the coffee and doughnut ones from the link amy posted (tasty and look fab) and have made penut butter ones today, but not iced them yet (have a wilton nozzle to pipe filling into cake im eager to try on these. I also adapted my carrot cake recipy to make carroyt cake cupcakes!!

Think im becoming a cupcake addict!!! Its my 30th birthday party next week and i plan to make loads of different types of cupcakes foe it!!! Have even bought a fancy scmancy wilton cupcake stand!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom