World's Fair 1964

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Anyone go the World's Fair in 1964? For some reason I'm thinking of the past lately :LOL: having nostalgia moments I guess.

I'm only 21 & will be forever 21... ;) - but I've heard, the Belgian Waffles were to die for. :)

I was there with a bunch of friends. I remember visiting the Pieta and the Lowenbrau pavillion.

i've seen a picture of myself in a stroller in front of the unisphere in '65 at the fair. apparently, the fair began in '64, but ran through '65.

I was born in March of 1962 in northern New Jersey. We went to the World's Fair. I have three memories, maybe 4. I remember the world. I remember being pushed/wheeled around in a green car (instead of a stroller), I remember a conveyor belt that took me past the Pieta. I remember the Pieta.

I don't know how long the fair lasted, but I was only 2. I'm 45 now and those images are still with me.

I was there in 1965.

That spring my mother realized, to her horror, that she had never taken me to Wash DC, so we planned a vacation for that summer. Daddy could not get off work, so it was a big deal that mom and I went by ourselves on a vacation. We spent 2 days at the fair, a couple days around NYC, then to DC and on to Williamsburg and Monticello.

What I remember about the fair was walking, and the General Electric pavilion. Mom could not get me out of that pavilion.

I admit it. I went to the 1964 worlds fair. I was only 7 years old but I do remember the Clairol exhibit whre you could see yourself with differnt colored hair and I most definitely remember the Belgian Waffles.INCREDIBLE!!!

Back
Top Bottom