What's outside your window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
As I sit here at the laptop, I can watch the snow and the birds at the bird feeders, also watching the squirrels eating an orange while he or she sits on the stump. The birds are having a feeding frenzy , they usually do when it is snowing. I see Cardinals, Juncos, Chickadees, Titmice, Nuthatches, Downy Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, Redbelly Woodpecker, Bluejays, Mourning Doves, Goldfinches , sometimes a starling .

Too cold for the finches to visit my thistle feeders today.
So I'm watching the guys trim the huge pine tree at the end of the driveway. It's supposedly too close to the power line.
The friendly dog from across the road is introducing herself as usual, she keeps bringing the worker guys a stick to throw. It's really quite cute to watch. Until she starts bringing them my kids' toys......

Sigh, I'm at work so all I see are cars. My office window faces out to the parking lot. At least I can see blue skies and every so often, I'll catch a glimpse of a bird, even a hummingbird!

img_548627_0_376a39c975b8edb243c7276a37056ed7.jpg

Well, a few minutes ago it was p'ing like a cow on a flat rock, but now it's stopped :mad: We need a good two weeks of solid rain and I would be a happy camper :)

Yep. That's Joisey :LOL:

It's too cold here to even snow, but it's trying.

Attachments

• outside my window.jpg
    outside my window.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 160
If I knew how to put a picture on I would...

It has actually stopped raining for a little while and by gosh, the sun has come out. I live across from a creek and because we have had so much rain, the bush and two lone pine trees are really green. Two ducks are sitting on my front brick fence and about a dozen white cockatoos are on the grass near the creek squawking with a couple of magpies in tow. It is nice to hear the birds again though instead of the raindrops.:)

Its cold and we are getting more snow, this is out my back sliding glass door, 2 days ago it was green back there.

Attachments

• snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 194
Sorry Butcher, I'm down south by the Pa line., I just googled governeur and thats way north of me.

Good one Barb

That had me rolling in laughter just imagining the snow covered jogger - please don't tell me it was a red tracksuit....:ROFLMAO:

Mikki, it looks so lovely though. We don't get snow at all and even though I know it is dangerous and cold, it looks wonderful.

Cath

Cath, it is pretty for awhile, but after 4 months of it and seeing a lot of car crashes it just makes you want to hibernate until it's gone.LOL

Outside my kitchen window, from left to right - a fountain, a magnificent crepe myrtle with azaleas, now in bloom, underneath and on the right a brick wall, adorned with driftwood, and old architectural pieces.

I am blessed.

If I look out back, the pool is covered in 2 feet of snow, the neighbours 50 ft cedar is breaking in half from the weight of the snow, too cold to see any birds. If I look out front, I see.....snow banks!!!!!!!! and howling snow all over the place!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom